[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 771

OnGoing:
I've been thinking about the best way to do this kind of analysis. Running a simple open/close on history is one thing. But identifying a pattern of behaviour and tracking the time of movement within a range is another.
To start with, we can run through the report with our eyes. We look at opening time of the "portfolio". Let's look at the time of closing. If there is no clear picture - it's worse, because it means that we should always be on the alert. Well, if 80% of openings and closings will be an hour later and, for example, at night, it is another matter. So we must evaluate the report, and then look. Once again I repeat that we should test the system in complex conditions. You can wait a long time for such conditions on the demo.

4x-online:
You can start by running your eyes over the report. We look at the time of opening of the "portfolio". Let's look at the time of closing. If there is no clear picture - it's worse, because it means that you should always be on the alert. Well, if 80% of openings and closings will be an hour later and, for example, at night, it is another matter. So we must evaluate the report, and then look. Once again I repeat that we should test the system in complex conditions. You can wait a long time for such conditions on the demo.

I agree, testing has to be done. But the correlations here may not only be in terms of time. That is, there probably won't be a strict cyclic pattern, as the behaviour of each pair depends on many objective factors.

Nevertheless, I consider the conditions for entry on the boundaries of a stable range as the most promising.

So far, I have noticed only the following pattern.

Usually a hedge moves quite intensively or actively to another boundary of the corridor. And after this "jump" (abrupt relatively, it may last up to half an hour) it should kind of settle, shake on the spot, form and show some sort of "p/s level".

And if that happens, chances are it (the boundary) is the one caught. So far, such a "prediction" has coincided in an overwhelming number of cases.

In addition, you must also not be afraid to cover a small minus. Otherwise you lose a lot of time and wait for the exit to the plus, and you may not even wait.)

Losses in any system may occur, you just try to minimize them.

OnGoing:

I agree, testing has to be done. But the correlations here may not only be in terms of time. That is, there probably won't be a strict cyclic pattern, as the behaviour of each pair depends on many objective factors.

Nevertheless, I consider the conditions for entry on the boundaries of a stable range as the most promising.

So far, I have noticed only the following pattern.

Usually a hedge moves quite intensively or actively to another boundary of the corridor. And after this "jump" (abrupt relatively, it may last up to half an hour) it should kind of settle, shake on the spot, form and show some sort of "p/s level".

And if that happens, chances are it (the boundary) is the one caught. So far, such a "prediction" has coincided in an overwhelming number of cases.

In addition, you must also not be afraid to cover a small minus. Otherwise you lose a lot of time and wait for the exit to the plus, and you may not even wait.)

Losses in any system may occur, you just have to try to minimise them.

Perhaps we should open a separate thread. It's not a "village" topic. :)

4x-online:
Perhaps we should open a separate thread. It's not a "village" topic. :)
If you think it's necessary, why not)

OnGoing:
If you think it is necessary, why not)
Better separately. It gets lost in here. And there will be more interest in the new branch. Especially if the title catches on. :)

4x-online:
Better separately. It gets lost in here. And there will be more interest in the new branch. Especially if the title catches on. :)
OK, I suggest we keep an eye on the portfolio for a while longer. And if it behaves similarly for at least a week, why not open a separate discussion)

OnGoing:
OK, I suggest we observe the portfolio for a while longer. And if it behaves similarly for at least a week, why not open a separate discussion)
And the tests in parallel.

4x-online:
And the tests are in parallel.
That would be nice. If anyone has a vision of how this could be implemented, I think everyone would love it)

OnGoing:
That would be nice. If anyone has a vision of how this could be implemented, I think everyone would love it)
Can't it be done on MT5? I don't know anything about it, but it seems that multipair testing is possible there. Or there are some limitations?

4x-online:
Is it not possible to use MT5? I don't know it at all, but it seems to allow multi-pair testing. Or is there a limitation?
Yes, there are. But no one has offered the logic of such a test yet. Of course, it is not a problem to make a simple opening/closing test. But that's not what we need, is it?
Reason: