[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 758

jelizavettka:
It is a pity. But if your system is designed, say, to work on the opening prices on the hourly chart, then 99% will not be needed at all.

Just by opener on the clock, if you pay attention, these results were shown)

And no wonder, look at how the tester runs through the open bars. I.e. candle tails are not taken into account at all! And they are the ones that lick the stops on the real, and the shorter the latter, the truer it is.

-----------

Opening prices

Some traders do not want to depend on peculiarities of intra-bar modelling and write EAs that trade on formed bars. The fact that the current price bar is fully formed is visible when the next one appears. Thatis what the "Open prices"modelling mode is for such Expert Advisors.

In this mode first bar opening is modelled (Open = High = Low = Close, Volume = 1) that allows expert to identify the end of the previous price bar formation. It is on this bar that testing of the Expert Advisor is started. At the next step the fully formed current bar is shown, but it is not used for testing!

At least on the Metacquota five, they thought of doing an OHLC candlestick run, i.e. already on all four points: Open - High - Low - Close.

OnGoing:
At least on the Metacquot five they thought of making a run on OHLC candle, i.e. already on all four points: Open - High - Low - Close.
This is what is needed for EAs with stops. I am surprised that they have only recently thought of it.

alexeymosc:
This is what is needed for advisers with stops. I'm surprised that it's only recently that they've thought of it.

It's been understood for a long time)

You just know why...)

7Konstantin7:

It's been understood for a long time)

you just know why it's so...)

Yeah ;) got it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about what kind of opening price test on the minutes can be trusted on the 4. Firstly, large stops and takes: from 10 pips at least. Second, the condition of deal opening in the code must imply strictly the beginning of a new bar. If trades should logically open right after a breakout of a stop, a take, a pending order or a stop order, the results will be quite different from the true results. All griders, aka Avalanche, Ilan, just fall into this category. And if a deal is opened only on a new bar (for example, on updated signal of an indicator working on open or kloz), then more or less the test is suitable.

And not to bother, download ticks and do 99%. However, there's a catch there too, the optimization is not working for me personally. That is, you can run it with the specified parameters but cannot optimize it - the terminal closes.

OnGoing:

Just by opener on the clock, if you pay attention, these results were shown)

And no wonder, look at how the tester runs through the open bars. I.e. candle tails are not taken into account at all! And they are the ones that lick the stops on the real, and the shorter the latter, the truer it is.

-----------

Opening prices

Some traders do not want to depend on peculiarities of intra-bar modelling and write EAs that trade on formed bars. The fact that the current price bar is fully formed is visible when the next one appears. Thatis what the "Open prices"modelling mode is for such Expert Advisors.

In this mode first bar opening is modelled (Open = High = Low = Close, Volume = 1) that allows expert to identify the end of the previous price bar formation. It is on this bar that testing of the Expert Advisor is started. At the next step the Expert Advisor receives the current fully formed bar, but it is not used for testing!

Thank you. I didn't know. I just recently started reading articles about tester) ...I just don't have stoplosses in my EA. Entry and exit - according to the market...and only after a new bar arrives. The result of testing on all ticks is no different from "at opening prices" and with even 100% quality from Dukas the differences will be quite insignificant.

jelizavettka:

Thank you. I didn't know. ..I just don't have stoplosses in my EA. entry and exit - according to the market...and only after a new bar arrives. The result of testing on all ticks is no different from "at open prices" and even at 100% quality with Dukas, the differences will be very insignificant.
Does the Expert Advisor have Take Profit?

jelizavettka:

Thank you. I did not know. ..I just do not have stoplosses in my EA. I enter and exit according to the market...and only after a new bar arrives. The result of testing on all ticks is no different from "at opening prices" and with even 100% quality from Dukas the differences will be very small.

I see. Only again, this will only be true with large targets above the average candle size.

And for all the ticks in the four, nothing good either. So there is nothing to compare with) Only demo will show everything on a rather long term.

The only thing is that the tester of the four is ideally suited for our classical ilan. For him it looks like it was specially created).

Firstly there are no stops, only takes, and secondly there is a control of bars, that is why the test of the Ilan by opener minutes almost corresponds to reality)

alexeymosc:
Does the advisor have a Take profit?
No

jelizavettka:
No
OK, but what about the drawdown on the candlestick shadows? What to do about it?
Reason: