[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 137

Eurozone inflation data far exceeded forecasts and contributed to sharp declines in indices

--------------------------

While disappointing US data raises doubts about the future of long-term oil demand

HSBC estimates gold price at $1630 per troy ounce in 2011

Somehow the euro is not feeling well at all...

DhP:
The eu is not feeling well at all...
The main thing is moving...

I often get asked the same questions about FAs in private, so I decided to answer one of them (about the market reaction to the news) in the general forum.

Sometimes market expectations not only fail to materialise, but also turn out to be completely wrong. Then the market usually reverses in the opposite direction to the previous one. Although the first opposite reaction can be followed by a correction or even a return of the market to the pre-trend level, when the market players reconsider the reasons of what is happening. Market makers, who had previously opened positions in response to market expectations, might hold on to the sharp reversal for a while, in order to have time to not only close their now losing positions, but also to "reverse".

If the fundamental news is contrary to the current trend, then the time of its influence on the market dynamics might be very limited - from an hour to several days, depending on the strength of divergence of data and expectations, confirming the trend. If, on the contrary, the fundamental news data confirms the trend, it accelerates.

DhP:
The eu is not feeling well at all...
I've been chipping away at the levels on this flat for a while now... But I think it's going to go down. But the EA doesn't care about that, as long as it goes down. :)

Well, that's it, going down. I wonder if we'll go below 1.34.
Except I'm not trading anymore... Closing time is coming up.
And today I had a hard time with the daily saw, I barely made it to the +. :)

Eur 1.10. the first reversal option of 1.3350 has not been cancelled.

USDCHF. Offering my version of the probability.....

Reason: