[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 67

Sweet:

I like to collect all sorts of 'tales' about markets. Here's one of them...18.06.1815. Agents of the British branch of the Rodschild family were watching the military action of Napoleon's army, (can't remember the location of the battle) and 20 hours before the official news of Napoleon's lost battle reached London, they broke the news to Lord Veligton and Nathan Rodschild. Nathan Rodschild, broke the news that Napoleon had won the war over the London Stock Exchange. Stocks instantly dropped 98% and Rodshield immediately bought up the entire economy of England 2pence against the pound.When the truth of Napoleon's defeat was announced in England, stocks instantly soared in value. England became the undisputed leader of Europe and Rothschild owned its economy...)) Conclusion; Must remember, there are enemies around and you can't believe everything....))))

I agree, you can't believe everything, including your post.

12p for a shilling. 12 shillings to the pound. 144 pence... etc ...

tara:

I agree, you can't believe everything, including your post .

12 pence a shilling. 12 shillings per pound. 144 pence ... etc ...

If, you want to accuse me of lying, find a better argument....)))) For that, all you have to do is browse the internet a bit. The info, 200 years old, is no longer secret....)))), and so.... take a turn...

Sweet:

If you want to accuse me of lying, find a better argument....)))) For that, all you have to do is browse the internet a bit. Information from 200 years ago is no longer a secret....))))

Michael, if I'm accusing you of anything, it's the lack of preparation of your post,- at that time the British financial system (as well as the measurement system in general) used the 12-digit numbering system.

How's the weather?

Do I have to wait in line to hear the answer? :)

tara:

Michael, if I am accusing you of anything, it is the lack of preparation of your post,- at that time the British financial system (as well as the measurement system in general) used the 12-digit numbering system.
I searched for the article in its "storerooms" to refresh in memory and to put it on a site. I haven't found it yet, but it's so far.... Trying to remember the content of the article, it described it like this. If, the stock was worth a pound, then after the news that Napoleon won the battle, that stock became worth 2 pence, not 12 pence, not 8 pence, but 2, exactly 2 pence against the former value of 1 pound. Don't you believe it? Try to disprove it if you can... And what your knowledge of the old number system has to do with my post, I still don't get it, sorry....))))

You have offended Rothschild:) 2 pence of 144 is not 2, but only 1.5%. That's how he became a Rothschild right after Waterloo :)

tara:

You have offended Rothschild:) 2 pence of 144 is not 2, but only 1.5%. That's how he became a Rothschild right after Waterloo : )

I'll be sure to find the article and website. Then, you can ask those questions to the author of the article. I remember that he has an academic degree, so he will answer you much better than I will, it was he who researched the archives, not me. The battle did take place at Waterloo. There's been no demand for an apology from Rothschild and it's unlikely to come... (he'll never find it).

Sweet:
I'll be sure to find the article and website. Then, you can ask these questions to the author of the article. I remember that he has an academic degree, so he, much better than me will answer you, it was he who researched the archives, not me. The battle did take place at Waterloo. There's been no demand for an apology from Rothschild and it's unlikely to come... (he'll never find it).

and the fastest way to transmit information at that time were signal fires and carrier pigeons ...:-))

it was the signal bonfires which were used to transmit this news.... actually this fact is even in wiki, what to look for there... see. Rothschilds.

Probably going to continue rising today....though it should be as low as 1.32-33...

Who listened yesterday on the XAUAUD pair congratulations

Reason: