Is any prediction doomed? - page 42

sanyooooook:
What has honest folk come to, is prediction possible or not?
Honest people are coming to the point where maybe they don't know what forecasting is

The prediction as it is presented here, apparently to the majority, is in my view definitely doomed. We need to take into account a simple physical quantity of time (namely the main working time at the opening of the sessions), then by cutting out these segments the probability of prediction increases. With a blunt approach to price as points on a chart it is impossible to predict the ebb and flow of money into the pot that the chart is.

Successful and sufficiently stable trading is impossible without forecasting. Any trader will make forecasts based on their experience, trying to increase the expectation of their deals, but how successful they are is a matter of personality. And while there are successful traders, it means that forecasting is possible. But successful traders forecast in the moment, what is now and which movement to connect to, and novices are trying to decide for the market and invent far goals...

REXX:
Successful and sufficiently stable trading is impossible without forecasting. Any trader will make forecasts based on their experience, trying to increase the expectation of their deals, but how successful they are is a matter of personality. And while there are successful traders, it means that forecasting is possible. But successful traders make forecasts in a moment, what is now and which movement to join, and beginners try to decide for themselves about the market and invent far-away goals...
Exactly. Forecasting is done solely on the current price on any TF. Only on the higher TF a forecast for a long time and on the lower TF a relatively short term forecast. The price that has become history does not interest us at all. The short-term history is necessary only for correct calculation of indicators. As a rule, 100-200 bars are enough for that. In multiframe (panoramic) market review it is more than enough.

s2101:
Exactly. The forecasting is based solely on the current price in any TF. Only on higher TF the forecast is for a long time, and on lower TF it is a relatively short-term forecast. The price that has become history does not interest us at all. The short-term history is necessary only for correct calculation of indicators. As a rule, 100-200 bars are enough for that. In multiframe (panoramic) market review it is more than enough.

What an admirable ability to tell a story that contradicts itself.

I have little, if any, interest in the current price... not at all, so what am I supposed to do?

s2101:
Exactly. Forecasting is done solely on the current price on any TF. Only on higher TFs the forecast is for a long time, while on lower TFs it is a relatively short-term forecast. The price that has become history does not interest us at all. The short-term history is necessary only for correct calculation of indicators. As a rule, 100-200 bars are enough for that. In multiframe (panoramic) market analysis, this is more than enough.

Tell me, where can I find the results of trade using your system?

Silent:

I have little, if any, interest in the current price... I don't care at all, so what am I supposed to do?

Some people don't even care about the price, neither past nor present - they guess by the stars)

jelizavettka:
Some people don't care about the past or present price at all - they read the stars.)

Not really. Past them is of concern in terms of the timing of the event. But it's long term, which is unlikely to be relevant for forex, unless you trade for six months or more.

jelizavettka:
Some people don't care about the price, past or present - they read the stars.)

Not the worst option, by the way...

Silent:

Not really. Past them is of concern in terms of the timing of the event. But it's a long term, of little relevance to forex, unless you're trading from six months onwards.

I see. And since you don't care about the current price..... maybe you trade with a grid?

(Or maybe not a grid of orders, but a grid of potatoes?)

Reason: