[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 37

OnGoing:
Well comedians, they have found a clever explanation for everything.) If the market had gone the other way round, we would be reading a different text now))

Yes. Serious analysts always give a main forecast and an alternative forecast, the opposite of the main one. And they are never wrong :)

wmlab:

Right. Serious analysts always give a main forecast and an alternative forecast, the opposite of the main one. And they are never wrong :)
What do they get paid for? I understand that people need someone to sit there looking smart, pretending to know what's going on) At least it wouldn't be so scary looking at him.)

OnGoing:
Well comedians, they have found a clever explanation for everything.) If the market had gone the other way round, we'd be reading a different text now.)
What's so comedic about it?

margaret:
Well yes, I understand, it's the norm in the financial markets, and more of a tragedy than a comedy(

wmlab:

Right. Serious analysts always give a main forecast and an alternative forecast, the opposite of the main one. And they are never wrong :)
Give me an example of a "serious analyst".

margaret:

They're always making a fuss and I think it's on purpose (a calm person is a better trader)

strangerr:

1.4333 is the September contract.

Who turned out to be right?

OnGoing:
Well, yes, I understand this is the norm in the financial markets, and more of a tragedy than a comedy(
I do not follow all currencies closely, I cannot say anything about them. But for the Euro and the dollar, the reaction to the events was predictable back in May and I wrote about it and periodically reminded of it.

forte928:

Who was right?

We'll go the day after tomorrow (we're still at the start - warming up)

margaret:
Give me an example of a 'serious analyst'.

No need to search - the daily analytics of any major DC. Surnames are rarely written. They usually sign off as "in-house analyst at such and such a company" :)
Reason: