[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 545

jelizavettka:,

The greater the leverage, the greater the free margin per lot.

On the contrary, opening a lot with very high leverage leaves you little room for manoeuvre. The margin will eat everything up.

sergeev:

When you open a lot with very high leverage, you are left with little room to manoeuvre. The collateral will eat everything up.

Necessary Margin (or collateral in our case) is the free money in your trading account that you need to have in order to open a position of a specified volume.

It is calculated as (size of a standard contract * number of lots * price) / le verage, right?

It turns out to be inversely related to leverage .

Good evening.

To protect against expansion of stops, I use the following condition in my Expert Advisor

extern int TakeProfit = 10; // TakeProfit

If (TakeProfit < stoplevel) TakeProfit = stoplevel;

I faced a problem: after DC stops were closed, TakeProfit remained the same,

It is the same as it was at the time of stop-widening but not decreased to the value, set in initial conditions.

Please advise how to reset it back to the initial value?

Thank you!

TEXX:

Good evening.

To protect against expansion of stops, I use the following condition in my Expert Advisor

extern int TakeProfit = 10; // TakeProfit

If (TakeProfit < stoplevel) TakeProfit = stoplevel;

I faced a problem: after DC stops were closed, TakeProfit remained the same,

It is the same as it was at the time of stop-widening but not decreased to the value, set in initial conditions.

Please advise how to reset it back to the initial value?

Thank you!

extern int TakeProfit = 10; // Тейкпрофит 
int TP;                     // вспомогательная переменная

int start()                            // Спец. функция start
  {  
    TP=TakeProfit;    
    if (TP < stoplevel) TP = stoplevel;

"Can you tell me how to reset it back to the initial value?" - by declaring and using an auxiliary variable at the start.

Next, use the TP variable in the program.

I apologise for the silly question, but still.

I cannot understand it. Suppose I buy (i.e., make a buy deal) for $1,000,000 or any other amount of EURUSD, so that the chart noticeably jumps.

And the question is, where will it go after such a deal - up or down (a single jump from my deal)? I think it will go up. Am I thinking correctly?

Alp:

I cannot understand it. Suppose I buy (i.e., make a buy deal) for $1,000,000 or any other amount of EURUSD, so that the chart noticeably jumps.

And the question is, where will it go after such a deal - up or down (a single jump from my deal)? I think it will go up. Am I thinking correctly?

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. YOU ARE THE REAL BULL, so after such a trade, "the price in a single jump will noticeably jump strictly upwards." :-)

Can you suggest an indicator that would give all the summary information - the number of open orders on all currency pairs for buy and sell, their total volumes, preferably by groups of MagicNumber, in addition to the amount of swap, etc.

Tell me, here I am selecting an order on history. I am interested in the last one. Is it necessary and why should I go through the loop, because the zero order is always the last one, or it is not?

Alp:

Yeah, that's how I see it. Because let's say you bought a Euro, there is less of it on the market, because some of it is in your locker. That means that the price of it on the market will go up!!!

Good afternoon, could you tell me how it can be, I select an order in one loop, go through which order is last and remember it so ticket = OrderTicket();

in this case, let's say it's number two. A bit later if (ticket>-1){
OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_HISTORY);

and often I get error 4105 - order not selected!!!

Reason: