FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 8

IgorM:

not a bad target, just need to find a bank willing to buy the euro from you at 1.4573 when you close your position ;)

We stay in the channel...

I made my forecast because exiting the channel 1, we have to go through at least the width of the channel, and the pivot is the target, which is easy ;-)

Come on, why don't we drop the whole short thing, you can call a cucumber a tomato - it doesn't change the taste, why bother with this seven-page debate?

margaret:

It was Friday, the 1st of the month, the beginning of the quarter and half-year. Thursday was the last day of the month, quarter and half-year, which means adjustments to the reports.

These are the days when the big players settle their financial matters:

• central banks of states
  • market makers
  • exporting/importing companies
  • insurance companies
  • corporate investors
  • Investment funds and hedge funds
  • Intermediaries providing market access for private individuals and legal entities.

It is the large banks that can have a serious impact on the market because they can buy or sell currencies in very large volumes. They also create the main liquidity and cash flow. Therefore, very important market news are those that are directly related to the policies of central banks of different countries and major international banks.

Central banks are the biggest market players and they do not impose any formal restrictions on price movements. However, they play a regulatory role by determining the level of key interest rates. Banks carry out open market operations to buy or sell securities, expressing their wishes to market participants and evaluating the situation. Also, in special cases, they reserve the right to intervene directly in the currency (buy or sell the national currency in order to prevent its further depreciation or appreciation).

This is all very well, but the stock markets are up, all even Nikkei by a dead half per cent (i.e. it is not a spillover). Where did the money come from: A) from commodity markets (from commodity markets) B) doped) C) from metals D) from bond markets

It seems to be starting.

The ascent is coming to an end.

strangerr:

It seems to be starting.

The channel is holding, don't jump to conclusions there's more Andrews pitchforks behind the channel

DragonSL:

The canal is holding, don't jump to conclusions there's more Andrews pitchforks behind the canal

If only the price knew about the pitchforks and canals)))

93408:

And what's FUDAMENTAL about a 150-200 pip drop before a further rise? ;)

Fundamentally I don't know, but technically for example

I see a few variants for the situation to develop. Firstly, buying volumes of the Euro are falling and this is a possible signal that the Euro will soon go down. The cancellation of this variant will be a further price move to the level of about 1.4690. Everything else is on the picture.

P.S. I also want to notice that the formation of the triangle finishes, and the price has already passed 50% of its zone and entered the uncertainty zone, so the price can easily bounce both up and down.

It's fucking horrible that the "EURUSD" thread has been renamed to some kind of jellyfish.

Well, apart from predictions about this currency pair there was a lot of rubbish (aw, damn, it's too bad, what a moderator needs to do seriously! Congratulations on holidays, shoot back and rubbish with numbers and letters I have read in the Internet without any analysis and conclusions), but there were also predictions about other pairs (however, usually they were made for illustration of some EURUSD forecast or for illustration of their TS power, so I think it fits the purpose).

And it's bloody awful that the moderator announces a topic to be flooded, and reinforces this announcement by promising retaliation against those who back up their Predictions, Trends and Consequences with numbers of their own TS.

How else can you prove your predictions other than introducing the audience to the methodology of forecasting and showing how it has worked before and what it predicts for the future?

It seems to me, the moderator just eased his life by declaring that he does not feel like flooding, and, for some reason, uses the available administrative authority to pursue personally any participants that he does not like (Michonas for sure). I don't disagree that Michonov's rainbows and shamanism were of no predictive value for other participants of the branch, but I don't consider his posts with pictures the worst, at least on Forex and EURUSD. The reason of it is that many participants post in batches their posts without any reference to Forex and trading, any forecasts and consequences - that is evil and waste of time, bloating the thread for nothing (and they have already bloated 4 pages out of 8) and I do not know how to explain them, this is the point where the moderator is needed the most, but we will not meet him 8"-((!

SZS. I think it is very important to return EURUSD to the thread title. And to declare it not as a flood, but as the most active one, in order to promote the forum and attract new practicing traders into the discussion (practicing! Practicing! How can we do without description of TS and demonstration of Statments???).

SZU. How would the moderator react if he considered this post useful for TS threads, and not only for EURUSD? Very simple: give a link to an interesting post in a topic that, in the opinion of the moderator, should have this post. Or copy this entire post and give the same link to the location of the original. Thus, the author's right to publish his post in the place which he considers the best, we will save without reprisals, and important, in the opinion of the administration, information will not bury in a less important in the opinion of the administration, the branch of the forum. The Internet with its hypertext is not often used for such link exchanges.