Searching for market patterns - page 138

khorosh:
Probably make do, but whether there is a profit can only be proved by the state.

And over 4 years ))

khorosh:
Probably make do, but whether there is a profit can only be proved by the state.

Or by a review in Signals. Private question: who knows why in Signals profits are determined by balance sheet and not by equity (funds)?

yosuf:
Or a review in Signals. Private question: who knows why profits in Signals are determined by balance sheet and not by equity (funds)?

The total should be calculated when all trades are closed, in which case equity=balance.

Is it possible to determine from the report whether a pattern has been detected at a given interval?
What parameters should be paid attention to when assessing the performance of a TS? (number of deals, expected payoff...)

Testing with a constant lot. No optimization was performed, parameters were chosen by eye.
Each position is opened by a signal and closed by a stop or a take.
Stop=take, but their value is variable.
The system is trending.

sv.:

Is it possible to tell from the report whether a pattern has been detected on a given interval?

Of course you can't. There is a very good discussion on this, but the link leads to the DC forum. The thread was called: "Regularity, Stability, Fit". Maybe you will find it by the name, by Tugrik.

And as for the system - 55% of profitable trades with such a profit factor is nothing. But this is IMHO, I'm just overdoing it. But what can I do if the system does not work better, I will have to trade with such a system - it is up to you, of course. And the real will show as always.

This is roughly what the equity of a good system should look like. And it's not a fitting, since 2004 it's been trading on a real account.

Equity

Please advise.

Is it possible to run in MT4 several charts at once (or at least one) in retrospect, that was as in on line only began with the past date. For example, to observe how the price moved over a certain period.

skew:

Please advise.

Is it possible to run in MT4 several charts at once (or at least one) in retrospect, that was as in on line only began with the past date. For example, to observe how the price moved over a certain period.

In the tester! Any period in visualisation mode, but only one chart!

sv.: What parameters should you pay attention to when assessing the efficiency of the TS? (number of deals, expected payoff...)

One of the most important parameters is the relative drawdown. 41.10% is a lot.

Profitability is also important. At 1000 trades 1.53 is still not enough for making stable conclusions about the system's future.

Recovery factor (it is absent here) is also an important parameter.

And one last thing: if you have control of opening of a new bar, then usually the test at opening prices is quite adequate. But you said yourself that you have targets and stops. Then it is better to test on all ticks.

But if you can guarantee that the duration of a deal is more than one minute, then testing on M1 on open prices will do.

JImpro:

Of course you can't. There is a very good discussion on this, but the link leads to the DC forum. The thread was called: "Regularity, Stability, Fit". Maybe you will find it by the name, by Tugrik.

And as for the system - 55% of profitable trades with such a profit factor is nothing. But this is IMHO, I'm just overdoing it. But what can I do if the system does not work better, I will have to trade with such a system - it is up to you, of course. And the real will show as always.

This is roughly what the equity of a good system should look like. And it's not a tweak, it's been trading on a real account since 2004.

It would be good if you could tell us in general terms about the market pattern you have identified.

yosuf:
It would be good if you could tell us in general terms about the identified market pattern.

I've already written in the thread about neurocells and in some detail. Patterns are traded. The principle of finding them (for FR) is described in the famous Neo thread on Spider. For FX, of course is done a little differently.

I will add more, very briefly:

Absolutely everything in nature seeks equilibrium (to its zero point) and the market is no exception. Movement requires energy, an accumulation of potential. The market goes from point to point, charging (accumulating potential) and then discharging (locally) to zero. Once discharged, everything repeats from the beginning and so on to infinity, all markets are designed that way.

There are difficulties in practical use. (solvable)

1.The market is like a bipolar capacitor, can accumulate both positive and negative energy. (A common term among traders is sanity).

2. Charge and discharge occur at different levels, dimensions (very roughly - timeframes) and each dimension has its own zero point. (local).

3. The market "lives" by its own clock, it has its own internal time, which doesn't coincide with the astronomical time. And it is very desirable to move away from timeframes.

Such attempts are well known, all these equilateral bars, Renko, Range bars, Tic-tac-toe, all sorts of profiles - but it's not quite what we need (IMHO).

Reason: