[Branch closed!] EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 4) - page 67

snail09:
A friend of mine watches all the time, for gold and oil. I'm not looking, but I think it's up.

Gold should reach 1600-1610 and then a deep correction....

Oil to $130 a barrel and then also down for a correction.

margaret:

This news is "killer" at all, bollocks to....

2011.05.24 20:50:52 *Bullard: Eurozone debt crisis is a wake-up call for the US
2011.05.24 20:21:14 *Bullard: Eurozone debt crisis a "key threat" to US economic growth

I interpret it this way: Everyone is doing badly, but the US is doing better.

snail09:
I interpret it this way: Everyone has it bad, but the US has it better.
I'm telling you, it's a political game.

Ratings agency Standard & Poor's over the weekend changed its outlook on Italian debt to negative. As Italy is the third largest economy in the eurozone, the possibility of a downgrade of its credit rating cannot be ignored. This is how analysts are trying to assess the risk of contagion from the country's debt crisis.

The experts at Brown Brothers Harriman say that although they expect more downgrades in the debt ratings of peripheral eurozone countries this year they do not see sufficient reason to downgrade the Italian debt. The economists said that Italy's debt has been high but stable throughout the crisis, while other European countries' debts have grown considerably. According to the BBH there is a risk of a downgrade in the ratings of Belgium and France.

Societe Generale analysts are more pessimistic about the likelihood of default by European economies. In their view, in the short term we cannot rule out the possibility of default by Greece, Ireland or Portugal, while for Spain and Italy such a risk has not yet been ruled out. The bank believes that if market conditions for financing debt-laden eurozone countries do not improve, the situation in the region could get much worse.

If Brown Brothers Harriman is pessimistic, my money is on the north. And Societe Generale just gives in without having an opinion of its own.
margaret:

Ratings agency Standard & Poor's over the weekend changed its outlook on Italian debt to negative. As Italy is the third largest economy in the eurozone, the possibility of a downgrade of its credit rating cannot be ignored. This is how analysts are trying to assess the risk of contagion from the country's debt crisis.

The experts at Brown Brothers Harriman say that although they expect more downgrades in the debt ratings of peripheral eurozone countries this year they do not see sufficient reason to downgrade the Italian debt. The economists said that Italy's debt has been high but stable throughout the crisis, while other European countries' debts have grown considerably. According to the BBH there is a risk of a downgrade in the ratings of Belgium and France.

Societe Generale analysts are more pessimistic about the likelihood of default by European economies. In their view, in the short term we cannot rule out the possibility of default by Greece, Ireland or Portugal, while for Spain and Italy there is no such risk yet. The bank believes that if market conditions for financing debt-laden eurozone countries do not improve, the situation in the region could get much worse.

margaret:
Where are the Wavehunters? Why aren't they talking?
Why do you need the wave-people, Margarita? They are only confusing, thechanalysis, in its classical sense, is going through another phase of rethinking. IMHO:))

And the wave-guys are suggesting a fall...

Here is ZetM's markup

margaret:

And the wave-guys are suggesting a fall...

Here is ZetM's markup

All the more unlikely. Because it's not obvious. We need to test 1.5 first - it's psychologically closer.

snail09:
Why do you need waveformers, Margarita? They are only confusing, thechanalysis, in its classical sense, is going through another phase of rethinking. IMHO:))
TA is confusing as it is... If it wasn't for Iceland with its volcano...Obama with his trips around the Eurozone (due to the crisis and with "condolences") - would already be at 1.44....

snail09:
All the more unlikely. Because it's not obvious. We need to test 1.5 first, which is psychologically closer.

that's what you'll tell the euro when you fall....
Reason: