New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402 - page 13

Zhunko:

Found a strange behaviour in MT4.

I open an off-line history file with a non-standard TF... After opening the file, it shrinks to 40% of its original size. Moreover, the bars are deleted selectively. It is always the same.

I tried it with all builds from 225 to 402. I used the name EURUSD20.hst. I have attached an archive with this file. I have tried it, maybe it is only for me.

I have the impression that MT4 is trying to sync it with the server. Disconnecting from the internet doesn't help. The number of bars on the chart is sufficient.

It is writing correctly. I am writing an entire array of structures. I am monitoring it in debugger.

The parameters of the generated bar need to be checked. It may help.

Discussed :

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/131986

Thank you! Vaguely remembered it being discussed, but didn't look for it. It's not clear what to look for :-))

==========

Had a look at my code. There are no errors. It is not different from previous converters.

But I found errors in original time series in CSV.

Thanks again!

How to get rid of this glitch in linux (ubuntu), maybe someone has had this:

I couldn't find a dependency, it sometimes doesn't show up for a long time, sometimes it does after a while after installation.

Helps only reinstall metatrade. But so constantly reinstalling then adjusting.... boo...

Mr. Rosh, I took a look at mt5 to see how the approach to optimisation has changed. I am very impressed. There are a number of other parameters to assess each pass, plus optimisableparameters. But in contrast to mt4 they have refused export of testing results into one file (in fact - into two files), the results are exported into xml, and the image can be saved separately in different variants. But again, in the xml file it is impossible to understand at what other parameters the optimization was performed. I would like to know your opinion as to why there was such a separation of test results? I suppose it is related to our desire to make data processing more technical. And another question is related to those remarks that I described in the previous two messages. How much are they relevant at the moment in terms of improving the mt4 platform and are there plans to improve it in terms of optimization?

kiimar:

And another question is related to those remarks that I described in the previous two posts. How relevant are they to the developers at the moment in terms of refining the mt4 platform and are there any plans to refine it in terms of optimisation?

As we have repeatedly said, we are not going to introduce new functionality into MetaTrader 4, we will only fix the detected errors. Any complex program passes a long way from development to the final stage. Now all the efforts are concentrated on the new MetaTrader 5 platform.

I see, thank you.

for linuchs it would be better to make mt4...

I do not know where to write, I am writing here:

i have build 402, two terminals, one brokerage company, different accounts (one demo, one real), different EAs, i have checked the quotes.

I have tried it in the Strategy Tester but it stopped on 04.2010 or 10.2010, although I have downloaded quotes until today.

i put "use date" - from 04.2010 to today - the test is passed and the trades are present.

What may be the reason?

Dear developers!

During real EA trading in the terminal there is a very serious bug!

There is one terminal with Expert Advisors on one server. The second one is used to control the house. Expert Advisors use pending orders.

Periodically, the following thing happens. A yellow line in the trading terminal indicates that the order should have been activated long ago and the price is far beyond the pending order. But the terminal does not show that the order is already activated. However, the terminal shows on the control terminal that the order is activated. And the order is in the list of open orders and its profit is calculated as it should be. But since the terminal has not received a signal that the pending order has been activated, the Expert Advisor does not perform any further actions. It means it does not set TakeProfit at a required level and cannot see the pending order enabled at all. This happens quite frequently, almost every day and I'm not the only one to know about it. I cannot blame the server because I have tried to trade on different computers and servers located in different countries. However, it is very difficult and annoying to lead automatic trading without controlling activation of orders by an Expert Advisor, especially if you leave the Expert Advisor for 24 hours or overnight. This defect can be fixed by closing and re-opening the terminal.

It is very serious, please do not ignore this message, I just do not contact you unless there is a very good reason. I lose a lot of money on it all the time. And all the careful debugging of experts comes up against bad terminal performance.

ANG3110:

Dear developers!

During real EA trading in the terminal there is a very serious bug!

There is one terminal with Expert Advisors on one server. The second one is used to control the house. Expert Advisors use pending orders.

Periodically, the following thing happens. A yellow line in the trading terminal indicates that the order should have been activated long ago and the price is far beyond the pending order. But the terminal does not show that the order is already activated. However, the terminal shows on the control terminal that the order is activated. And the order is in the list of open orders and its profit is calculated as it should be. But since the terminal has not received a signal that the pending order has been activated, the Expert Advisor does not perform any further actions. It means it does not set TakeProfit at a required level and cannot see the pending order enabled at all. This happens quite frequently, almost every day and I'm not the only one to know about it. I cannot blame the server because I have tried to trade on different computers and servers located in different countries. However, it is very difficult and annoying to lead automatic trading without controlling activation of orders by an Expert Advisor, especially if you leave the Expert Advisor for 24 hours or overnight. This defect can be fixed by closing and re-opening the terminal.

It is very serious, please do not ignore this message, I just do not contact you unless there is a very good reason. You lose a lot of decent money on this one all the time. And all the careful debugging of experts comes up against a bad terminal operation.

there's been a trick with some of the kitchens... I can't be sure, but the problem seems to me to be on the DC side. It's more likely not a MT bug, but a feature to help the DC to drain the client. Try another one.
Reason: