exit from a location +martingale - page 5

thank you, I'll take my question there)

But no, I'm going to stay here, I'm just going to look around.

But the volume of information is very large, if possible, advise specifically on my situation specifically. I have already had a sensible answer about opening a deal with one lot in the direction of the price, and then close all 3 deals at 0. Now I have to figure out how and when to do it.

Andrey88:
A sensible answer has already been given about opening a trade with one lot in the direction of the price
hmm, why didn't you open in price direction earlier? or is it just a sudden epiphany? where is the direction pointing now? ;)

IgorM:
hmm, why didn't you open in the direction of the price before? or has a sudden epiphany come now? where is the direction pointing now? ;)

i dont know why.

I don't know why. It doesn't matter now, I'm not trading this system until I figure out how to get out of the gaps.

The cause of our suffering is within us. Man suffers only because of his own delusions. Put away the illusion and look at reality, however daunting it may be for you.

ratnasambhava:
The cause of our suffering is within us. Man suffers only because of his own delusions. Put away the illusion and look at reality, however daunting it may be for you.
Take lightly any game, or anything you think is a game. If you don't think of it as a game, treat it as work.

ratnasambhava:
The cause of our suffering is within us. Man suffers only because of his own delusions....
It happens. But because of someone else's - more often.

Andrey88:

"We had two orders with lot 1. I meant to open a third order with lot 1 in the direction of price movement and when the sum of the three orders turns to zero close those three positions, unload the bet."

i.e. roughly speaking, open a trade with a volume of 1 lot to sell (assuming that price has just opened the topmost buy trade and is at the top) and hope that price will go down *if it does, close all 3 positions to 0). right?

what should i do afterwards? should i also open a deal with a volume of 2 lots?

and why the first time you should open a deal with 1 lot? why not try 3 lots, if the broker will allow? this will accelerate the exit to 0.

The question is correct. The point is that you had all positions locked and very little money left. It means that when you open an additional position, if things don't go according to plan.

the funds will start to decrease and the broker will close the position with lot 8. So the bigger the extra position, the bigger the risk. You don't have to open an extra position. If for example

order buy with lot 1 at you in the plus side, you should wait for the moment of the correction start to close the buy, and when the correction starts, after 20 points close the sell (the distance between the orders with lot 1 you had 20 points). If the price did not pass through 20 points and started to come back, we again open a buy (the closer to the buy the better) and again wait for the correction. If after two corrections we have accumulated a total of 20 points, we close the close and proceed to orders with lot 2. How do we preliminarily estimate the distance to a future correction? When the price slows down during the trend and the extremum is formed I measure the distance from the current price to the point of intersection with EMA40. It does not matter what timeframe it will be in. The most difficult thing is to close orders with 8 lots and the distance between them

80 pips. We should look for a correction of 80 pips in the 4-hour or 1-hour timeframe.

In any case you should stay away from such strategies. In 500$ depo 0.05 is considered a normal lot, while I do not see any logic in martingale moving in the direction of the trend. For that matter, why not open with 15 lots at once? What is your leverage?

david2:

The question is correct. The point is that all your positions have been locked and there is very little money left. That means when you open an extra position if things don't go as planned

the funds will start to decrease and the broker will close the position with lot 8. So the bigger the extra position, the bigger the risk. You don't have to open an extra position. If for example

order buy with lot 1 at you in the plus side, you should wait for the moment of the correction start to close the buy, and when the correction starts, after 20 points close the sell (the distance between the orders with lot 1 you had 20 points). If the price did not pass through 20 points and started to come back, we again open a buy (the closer to the buy the better) and again wait for the correction. If after two corrections we have accumulated a total of 20 points, we close the close and proceed to orders with lot 2. How do we preliminarily estimate the distance to a future correction? When the price slows down during the trend and the extremum is formed I measure the distance from the current price to the crossing point with EMA40. It does not matter what timeframe it will be in. The most difficult thing is to close orders with 8 lots and the distance between them

80 pips. We should look for a correction of 80 pips in the 4-hour or 1-hour timeframe.

In any case you should stay away from such strategies. In 500$ depo 0.05 is considered a normal lot, while I do not see any logic in martingale moving in the direction of the trend. For that matter, why not open with 15 lots at once? What is your leverage?

I think I understand partly... I'll keep looking. the lot varies, a bit more than you indicated, but still small. the leverage is 1k 1000 for now, but soon I want to go to 1k600

Andrey88:
I think I understand partly... I will keep looking. the lot varies a bit more than you stated, but it is still small. the leverage is 1 to 1000, but I want to go to 1k600 soon

I would like to add to the previous post that in a strong trend correction may be small and does not cross EMA40. And it makes no sense to open in the direction of correction. How to determine

a strong trend or not a strong trend? By the speed. I myself have not figured it out yet. It mainly depends on the intuition.

The lot does not have to change depending on the leverage. If you have the same lot with bigger leverage you have more free assets than with smaller leverage but the assets grow at the same speed.

Increasing the lot increases the rate of change of funds, and it is a higher risk.

Reason: