exit from a location +martingale

Please advise how to get out of a full lock in the following situation - just don't say it's silly etc., it really is.

From the current price at a distance of 10 pips up, 4 buy orders are placed, 4 sell orders are placed at a distance of 10 pips down. Each successive order is 10 pips away from the previous one. The order nearest to the price is 1 lot, then 2 lots, then 4 lots and finally 8 lots. We obtain a completely symmetrical grid at the maximum distance from the price with orders of 8 lots each.

Let us consider that the price goes down at first, opened all 4 orders, but didn't reach the TP for the sell, turned around and went up. The price went upwards, too, and opened all 4 orders, which means we have a full break. The question is how one can withdraw from the lock, taking into account the fact that when all 8 positions are open, there is very little free money. Thanks in advance

Wait for a clear situation.

paukas:

Get out of a full lock = win back a loss.

Win back the loss = make a profit.

Indeed, how ?

i agree.

The only way out of a lock is to wager the loss - close one or two orders.

the brokers are also recommended to place an order for a good return.

Andrey88:

Please advise how to get out of a full lock in the following situation - just don't say it's silly etc., it really is.

From the current price at a distance of 10 pips up, 4 buy orders are placed, 4 sell orders are placed at a distance of 10 pips down. Each successive order is 10 pips away from the previous one. The order nearest to the price is 1 lot, then 2 lots, then 4 lots and finally 8 lots. We obtain a completely symmetrical grid at the maximum distance from the price with orders of 8 lots each.

Let us consider that the price goes down at first, opened all 4 orders, but didn't reach the TP for the sell, turned around and went up. The price went upwards, too, and opened all 4 orders, which means we got a full lock. The question is how one can withdraw from the lock, taking into account the fact that when all 8 positions are open, there is very little free money. Thanks in advance

Wait for a reverse wave when price moves away from orders 150 - 200pts. put short stops of 3pts on negative orders. (price may not come back.)

honestly admit to being "screwed". close everything down, work on the mistakes. get on with the job.

abolk:

I agree.

There is no other way out of the lockup than to recoup the amount of the loss - recoup the amount - close part or a couple of orders.

If you have no funds, it is better to close all positions and start again.

closing all positions means losing the entire deposit, not suitable.

Tantrik:

Wait for a reverse wave when price moves away from orders 150 - 200pts. put short stops of 3pts on negative orders. (The price may not come back.)

the whole deposit will come out like this, or I do not understand you.

InternalVoice:
Honestly admit to being "screwed". close everything, work on your mistakes. get on with the job.
this is one of the shortcomings of the strategy, it has to be solved somehow...

Andrey88:

to close all positions is to lose the entire deposit, it does not fit.

the greatest misconception is that now the deposit is not lost?

look at the Funds

by the way, if you do not dare to close all orders yourself - use the standard "close" script - run it and it will close by itself

InternalVoice:
Honestly admit to being "screwed". close everything down, work on your mistakes. get on with your work.

You don't have to jump "in for your own".

The account is in working order.

Andrey88:

the whole deposit will come out like this, or I don't understand you.

on a price reversal to open orders. the question is swaps - how long will they last.

abolk:

the greatest misconception is that the deposit is not lost now?

look at the Means

by the way, if you do not dare to close all orders yourself, there is an in-house "close" script - run it and it will close by itself.

Please clarify my thought more precisely. Roughly speaking, with a balance of $500, when all 8 positions are opened with a moderate lot, the current result on the transactions - $460 + $68 - margin. I.e. on the verge of automatic closing of positions.

Dersu:

There is no need to "go for your own".

The account is in working condition.

What do you mean "on your own"? Explain, please.

Swaps aren't a problem, the account is without them.

Andrey88:

Please be more specific. Roughly speaking, with a balance of $500, when all 8 positions are opened with a moderate lot, the current result on the transactions - $460 + $68 - the deposit. I.e. on the verge of automatic closing of positions.

there are two parameters 1) balance 2) funds

when positions are closed, balance becomes equal to equity

Psychologically, until the positions are closed, you don't accept the loss
+ you have the opportunity, on a pullback, to trade with a larger lot than your funds allow

Reason: