Dodge is the head ( or "give me a point of reference..."). - page 2

IgorM:
What are the volumes?
Traded over a certain period in lots

SergSV:
Traded over a certain period in lots

Where is the data from? MT?

or from other sources, SME for example? - what then does it mean the longer the period?

With CME in mt, tick volumes, period = timeframe, if we draw on H4 for example there is a couple of hundred million money in this bar and the movement will be decent, if we draw on m15 then there is less money and respectively the potential of the pair will be less

SergSV:
For example if we draw on H4 then there is a couple of hundreds of millions of money on this bar and the price moves better, if we draw on m15 then we have less money and the potential of the price is smaller

It's strange how you "turn everything inside out", both CME and MT and H4 and M15, some kind of composite of intraday strategies, tick volumes and options

If you use MT volumes, even if they are right / ticks / wrong, you see the volumes only on the history, any new bar starts with 1 tick and you don't know how many tick volumes there will be on this bar, why do I ask? - i have been working on a custom code for a while, i got a long story about how to use MT volumes for trading, but it took me even longer to explain that i didn't know yet how much volumes on the current (zero) bar would be - how small or large they would be compared to the bar with the highest volumes

What is the use of tick volumes? For the record, a futures chart with CME is 99% the same as a spot chart. I'm talking about volume, which is the only indicator, to move the price you need money=volume.

SergSV:
What is the use of tick volumes? For the record, a futures chart with CME is 99% the same as a spot chart. I'm talking about volumes, which are more primary than price, the only indicator to move the price is money=volume.
As for the options, they repeat the price movement, so what's the use? It's not sure that the high volume will reverse, there is nothing as primal as the price and you can only use the history to understand why the price moved in this direction and not the other.

I don't mean options in general, I mean futures, I've never dealt with options

SergSV:
I'm not talking about options in general, I'm talking about futures.
I meant "Woe from Wit", trade and profit may come to you if your knowledge helps you, what is more important - news or volumes, price or options.

IgorM:
I mean "Woe from Wit", trade and let the profit go to you if your knowledge helps you, what is more important, news or volumes, price or options
http://savepic.org/1677637.gif

grell:
Candlestick analysis doesn't work, already discussed.

Who doesn't work? In what market does it not work? On which TF does it not work?

Are there tests or what?

Reason: