Don't tell me that TA works! - page 2

Figar0:

A few questions at once:

1) What is being used?

2) How does even a successful example of using a shovel prove that an excavator, for example, cannot be used successfully? Where is the logic brother?

3) Why was such a successful trade discontinued six months ago)?

2. these methods are absolutely not identical. So it's not a question of simply increasing power.

Vinin:

TA - any method of price analysis, with or without indicators.

If the indicator or not takes only the past price and volume, then TA. It has been repeated many times - with such an approach you can put everything into TA, including, for example, neural networks

FAGOTT:

TA - specific methods and models based ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY on past price and volume.

You just don't know how to analyse, and you're waiting for specific instructions (strategies), in your case: "You smoke the filter - and then it's like our Prima" (c).

Have you tried to buy cheap and sell expensive with TA, or have you just chased the trend? Prove that the basic thesis of TA: history repeats itself does not work? Every day the price goes up and then down, and so on from hour to hour, day to day.)

FAGOTT:

If the indicator or not takes only the past price and volume, then TA. It has been said many times before - with this approach you can put everything into TA, including, for example, neural networks

And neural networks are already an exception. I didn't know. A neural network is first of all an approximation. It can most often be replaced by some kind of function (although there are exceptions).

Tc has traits of versatility in terms of the instrument traded, with forecast accuracy for each instrument varying cyclically. The most profitable section - from May to September AUD had monstrously high prediction accuracy. Then the accuracy started to decrease and accuracy of EUR started to increase.

All this makes the procedure of testing the TS on past data moolah effective - if the currency in the past gave excellent results in the tester, it is likely that its accuracy has already passed the extremum and went down.

Vinin:

And neural networks are already an exception. I didn't know. Neural network is first of all an approximation. It can most often be replaced by some function (although there are exceptions).

Do you think that NS are also TA? Regression models applied to price forecasting are automatically TA? IMHO - no.

In any case - TS eats a lot of information besides price

FAGOTT:

Do you think that NS is also TA? Regression models applied to price forecasts are automatically TA? IMHO no.

In any case - the TC eats up a lot of information apart from the price

I love the naive. The world would be a worse place without them.

IgorM:

It's just that you don't know how to analyse, and you're waiting for specific instructions (strategies), in your case: "You smoke the filter - and then it's like our Prima" (c).

Have you tried to buy cheap and sell expensive with TA, or have you only chased the trend? Prove that the basic thesis of TA: history repeats itself does not work? As long as I observe the charts, the price goes up and then down every day and so on from hour to hour, day to day ;)

Or it goes up first and then down.

It's very simple, but I have not seen any results. I'll ask who can show me the same period of time, on a real account, but with my own stats.

Vinin:

I love the naive. Without them, the world would be a worse place

Absolutely right - they look at the world with fresh eyes

FAGOTT:

Do you think that NS is also TA? Regression models applied to price forecasts are automatically TA? IMHO no.

In any case - the TC eats up a lot of information apart from the price

What is based on historical price data is TA.
Reason: