When does it make sense to keep part of the robot code in an indicator? - page 5

Andrei01:
Bullshit! (c) A function call is always slower than the same code without a call. Just count the number of asembler operations and their execution time. It's possible only if some brake is specially put in EA at startup simultaneously with indicator (if someone wants to compare performance).

You yourself in your fanaticism count assembler operations, I proposed a concrete competition. Go ahead, write an EA with calculation of EMA in it, you don't need anything but EMA calculation, and I write an EMA indicator and an EA calling it - let's compare the speed of operation.

Integer:

Also, in an EA, you'll just get tired of doing some of the things that you would do in an indicator like 2x2.

Such as?

- Tell me how to get there. Asked Alice.

- Where do you want to go? Answered the Cheshire Cat.
- I don't care.
- Then you don't care where you want to go.

Integer:

Also in the Expert Advisor you will simply get tired of doing some things, which in the indicator can be done as 2x2.

If calculations are absolutely identical, for example, SMA in EA and in the indicator is calculated through the cycle for the whole period, then when you call the external indicator, the testing will go a little longer, by 10-30%.

Why would you use a cycle to calculate the SMA? multiply, subtract, add, divide and no cycle. You do not need an indicator for that. But it is up to the user to figure it out. The optimal calculations are another science.

Vinin:

So why use a cycle to calculate the SMA? multiply, subtract, add, divide and no cycle

This is an example for comparison. Identical calculations in the same volume with and without external indicator call.

Integer:

You can calculate assembler operations yourself in your fanaticism, I have proposed a specific competition. Go ahead, write an Expert Advisor with EMA calculation in it, you do not need anything but EMA calculation, and I write an EMA indicator and an Expert Advisor calling it - let's compare the speed of work.

I do not believe in perpetual motion and other extraterrestrial wonders. ))
The only thing that remains is the improper work of the compiler that allows such things.

Andrei01:
Unfortunately I don't believe in perpetual motion or other extraterrestrial wonders. ))
This leaves only a faulty compiler which allows such things.

It is not the compiler malfunction but the coder malfunction

Andrei01:
Unfortunately I don't believe in perpetual motion or other extraterrestrial wonders. ))
This leaves only a faulty compiler which allows such things.

I am not suggesting to believe, I am suggesting to be specific - you calculate EMA only in Expert Advisor, I calculate it in indicator and call this indicator from Expert Advisor and compare its speed.

Vinin:

So why use a cycle to calculate the SMA? multiply, subtract, add, divide and no cycle. You do not need an indicator for that. But it is up to the user to figure it out. Optimal computing is a completely different science.
I would add to calculations an algorithm for profitable trading strategy - Diamond Words.

Integer:

I am not suggesting to believe, I am suggesting to be specific - you calculate EMA in Expert Advisor only, I calculate it in Indicator and call this indicator from Expert Advisor and compare its speed.

So you claim that the same code in the indicator will run faster than in the Expert Advisor, even without considering the handling time?
Reason: