[Archive! - page 536

PapaYozh:

A beer that tastes like beer!

Bought a Belarusian beer called Alivarya today, all in all - I recommend it.

It's okay every once in a while. For export, though, they usually ship a little better quality from the brewery.

Mathemat:
By the way, better late than never: I can't think of a single beer from Baltika that's like a regular bottled Stella Artois. The first time I tasted it, I was blown away by the taste.

Yeah. But it costs 0.5 as much as 2l of regular (in Belarus) That's why no one buys it. We like it cheap and sour.

And we don't have any beer that isn't ours right now. It's expensive and most likely unpalatable, regardless of the beer, as it costs several months to buy, because they don't take it.

Any whisky aficionados? Recommend a whisky in the 1500-5000r range.

joo:
Any whisky aficionados? Recommend a whisky in the 1500-5000r range.

Whiskey's for bourgeois. It doesn't taste much different from moonshine.

lizzavet:

Whisky is for the bourgeoisie. It doesn't taste much different from moonshine.
No way! The technology and raw materials are completely different.

joo:
It can't be! The technology and raw materials are completely different.

The raw material is probably different, but the distillation technology seems to be the same. Do you know any other ones?

joo:
It can't be! The technology and raw materials are completely different.

I drink rarely, once every -3 months, but I have tried moonshine, about 30 grams. Whisky too - about 30 grams - doesn't taste much different. And after a sip there is an immediate gag reflex ))))

Vinin:

The raw material is probably different, but the distillation technique is probably the same. Maybe you know some more.

Is it aged in casks for several years? - Is moonshine also aged in barrels for years? :)

Plus filtration, wine components, herbs, etc. Haven't drank it myself but I don't believe good whisky tastes like moonshine.

Generally speaking, the typical moonshine flavor is caused by oils and ethers that are present when the distillation temperature is not correct (boiling temperature and condensation temperature). A lot of things.

joo:

Is it aged in casks for several years? - Is moonshine also aged in barrels for years? :)

Plus filtration, wine components, herbs, etc. I haven't drank it myself but I don't believe that good whisky tastes like moonshine.

In general, the typical moonshine flavor is caused by oils and ethers that are present when the distillation temperature is not correct (boiling temperature and condensation temperature). There's a lot more to it than that.

Normal whisky differs in taste and effects from moonshine. I've drunk many different kinds. Jameson, Jim Beam, Chivas Regal 18 years (no lower...), single malt whiskies try from 2000 rub. The taste is not bad.
Reason: