World currencies index (clearly visible as the bubble burst) - page 8

Kolivi:

And how do you set stops and takes on a particular pair? Because one pair goes down, then goes up.

However, I have seen an EA that fixes profit or loss depending on the percentage. There are also scripts for opening n pairs and closing them at the same time.

Senk - I will look into it and try it out - I will write the results later.

Incidentally, level 25 of the index was a key resistance to the downward channel from July 2007.

At the moment I am using the indicator of the very first version.

Version 1.2 is cheating. So, for example, it clearly shows the difference in the charts from 07.2007 to 07.2008, if I had bought there using version 1.2, I would have made a loss of -25000 roubles. I would have sold it in the version 1.0 and made 25000 Rubles profit.

As for the other versions, they are almost identical to the first one with the only difference that the final index has a different number. So, I do not see any sense in multiplying the formula by any coefficients, volumes, pair value, weight value of a particular currency pair.

Kolivi:

As for the other versions, they are almost identical to the first with the only difference being that the final index has a different figure. So I don't see the point in the formula multiplying by any coefficients, volumes, pair value, weighting of a particular currency pair.

Please tell me which indicators you have in mind.

Kolivi:

At the moment I am using the indicator of the very first version.

Version 1.2 is cheating. So, for example, it clearly shows the difference in the charts from 07.2007 to 07.2008, if I had bought there using version 1.2, I would have made a loss of -25000 roubles. I would have sold it in the version 1.0 and made 25000 Rubles profit.

As for the other versions, they are almost identical to the first one with the only difference that the final index has a different number. So, I do not see any sense in multiplying the formula by any coefficients, volumes, pair value, weight value of a particular currency pair.

My version ind_INDEX does not show, the other versions work. what's wrong? the time frame there is "1" for some reason.

Kolivi:

Opening and closing trades to break through key channel levels.

A nice picture. )

You can find a lot of such showy areas on the history. But there are even more of those which are losing. Barishpolets (who was not there) supposedly traded in a similar way. In the end, there was no Barishpolz or investor money or fund left. But somewhere in the network lying advisor on his TS "Barishpolts sliding channels". They do not work.

goldtrader:

Similarly Barishpolets (who was not)

What do you mean it didn't happen?

ZZZEROXXX:
What do you mean, there wasn't?
I mean no one physically saw or heard him. There were only his articles and forum posts. I don't know his actual address (he was said to be from St. Petersburg) and I don't know any details. More like a collective image, a fictional character as opposed to, for example, Lyosha Kalinichenko. But this is an off-topic, rather a topic for the smoking room.

beekeeper:

My version ind_INDEX doesn't show, the others work. what's wrong? the time frame there is set to "1" for some reason.

I did 60 and 240. It works for me. I have also removed one pair that my broker does not have (gbpnzd).

I have an issue with this indicator - it is cpu voracious. If the calculation was done once per minute it would be much better. Who can optimise the code?

So, my forecasts came true, the index continues to fall intensively. On the weekly chart, the triangle is broken (if the week ends below it, wait for the weekend). The next key support will be at the January 2009 low for the index, 22.41. I expect the continuation of the downward channel.

Reason: