Don't tell me then that TA doesn't work - page 26

Reshetov:

Will this do?

Added in version 2.1, which can be downloaded from the latest downloads page: http://gold-dust.info/ru/downloads

Yuri Vyacheslavovich, your download site has an old version 2.0 for some reason, the new one won't download.

fgth:
Yuri Vyacheslavovich, on your download site for some reason the old version 2.0, the new one is not downloaded.

Everything is downloading just fine. Tried to download and install it myself. Downloading and installing version 2.1

It is possible that your data is cached somewhere, i.e. the file is not downloaded from the site and is downloaded from the cache of the local computer or proxy server?

TA works for a broker... (joking?)

Ta works in tandem with money management...( oh what clever words I know...) TA and MM need to ensure that trades converge, not diverge as in the case of martingale...

Posted an EA with a brief description of the GD method in CodeBase

EA code available at: https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10151

Made a poll on mql5.com on a scripting language for the tester.

Please vote: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3328

MetaDriver:

Made a survey on mql5.com about a scripting language for a tester.

Please vote: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3328

I don't think creating another scripting language for metaquotes would be a joy.

The most rational way is an open API.

Advantages: No need to develop any languages - it's not very productive, as there are many ready-made programming languages and API should be friendly with them as much as possible.

Disadvantages: the open API can have security "holes" which normal heroes are bound to take advantage of, which always go in circles. I.e. these very "holes" have to be foreseen and plugged as much as possible.

But, to solve the deficiencies, you can go a little differently, namely to output API not directly to the server, but through the trading terminal. I.e. API terminal-server is closed, and API external application-terminal is open. For example, to enable external applications to request the necessary information and send it to the server, through the console (or via TCP/IP) of the terminal. I.e. systems for detecting and detecting outrage in the terminal are already provided to some extent for EAs or incorrect manual queries and are fixed, i.e. processed. All the necessary functions are also in the terminal. It is much easier and cheaper to attach an API to it, than to always mold a piggyback on the MQL*.

At least, Dukas has simplified its life with API. Metacvots should also think about it. How much time was spent on MQL5 development alone? MetaTrader5 was a test one for brokers, and it still is.

And of course, the API should include the strategy tester management. The command line is not very convenient, because there are a lot of setup files and the subsequent parsing of results from HTML. Not to mention the fact, that the terminal always restarts and unloads after completion (it beeps when I need to run a big series of short tests).

That's the pie.

Reshetov:

I don't think creating another scripting language for metaquotes would be a joy.

The most rational way is an open API.

Advantages: We don't need to develop any languages - it's not very productive, because there are many ready-made programming languages and API should be friendly with them as much as possible.

Disadvantages: The open API can have security holes, which normal heroes are bound to take advantage of and always go around. So these very holes must be foreseen and plugged as much as possible.

But, to solve the flaws, you can go a little differently, namely to output API not directly to the server, but through the trading terminal. I.e. API terminal-server is closed, and API external application-terminal is open. For example, to enable external applications to request the necessary information and send it to the server, through the console (or via TCP/IP) of the terminal. I.e. systems for detecting and detecting outrage in the terminal are already provided to some extent for EAs or incorrect manual queries and are fixed, i.e. processed. All the necessary functions are also in the terminal. It is much easier and cheaper to attach an API to it, than to always mold a piggyback on the MQL*.

At least, Dukas has simplified its life with API. Metacvots should also think about it. How much time was spent on MQL5 development alone? MetaTrader5 was a test one for brokers, and it still is.

And of course, the API should include the strategy tester management. The command line is not very convenient, because there are a lot of setup files and the subsequent parsing of results from HTML. Not to mention the fact, that terminal has to be restarted and unloaded every time (it beeps when I need to run a big series of short tests).

That's the pie.

I'm going to move my post from Asterisk forum:

The topic is very interesting, it opens great opportunities to optimize the parameters of custom programs - just add the standard functions in MQL5 language to control the tester.

Reshetov:

The most sensible way is an open API.

Advantages: no need to develop any languages - it's not very productive, because there are a lot of ready-made programming languages and API should be friendly with them as much as possible.

Disadvantages: The open API can have security holes, which normal heroes are bound to take advantage of and always go around. So these very holes must be foreseen and plugged as much as possible.

But, to solve the deficiencies, you can go a little differently, namely to output API not directly to the server, but through the trading terminal. I.e. API terminal-server is closed, and API external application-terminal is open. For example, to enable external applications to request the necessary information and send it to the server, through the console (or via TCP/IP) of the terminal. I.e. systems for detecting and detecting outrage in the terminal are already provided to some extent for EAs or incorrect manual queries and are fixed, i.e. processed. All the necessary functions are also in the terminal. It is much easier and cheaper to attach an API to it, than to always mold a piggyback on the MQL*.

And of course, the API should include the strategy tester management. The command line is not very convenient, because there are a lot of setup files and the subsequent parsing of results from HTML. Not to mention the fact that the terminal always restarts and unloads after completion (it beeps when you need to run a large series of short tests).

That's the pie.

Yuri, can I quote your post in the survey thread on mql5.com ? => https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3328

// Or do it yourself.

There is something to answer-discuss, but I'd like to discuss it TAM rather than here.

This is, after all, a different topic, having more to do with optimization results and techniques than with tester/optimizer management.

MetaDriver:

Yuri, may I quote your post in mql5.com poll? => https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3328

// Or do it yourself.

There is something to answer-discuss, but I would like to discuss it TAM rather than here.

The topic here is different, more related to optimization results and techniques rather than tester/optimizer management.

No one forbids quoting - there is no confidential information. The topic of API was already raised many times, but Metakvot always gave it a hostile reception and developed MQL5. If you have to step on Renat's toes one more time, you may end up with a bath.

And the topic here also overlaps with strategy tester management, because primitive technology: one optimisation and one test more often than not ends up in a basic fitting.

Reshetov:

No one forbids quoting - there is no confidential information. The topic of API has been raised many times before, but Metaquotes always frowned upon it and developed MQL5. To bother Renat more than once may result in a ban.

And the topic here also intersects with strategy tester management, because it is a primitive technology: one optimization and one test most often ends up in a simple tweak.

Ok, let's not stomp on calluses. :)
Reason: