TSR - resuscitating trading systems - page 6

Figar0:

Did these connections come out of nowhere at Sample and start changing towards the future? Or they possibly have arisen before Sample and smoothly there developed and consequently they will be for some time in this or that kind of form and before Sample and after. ? Ok, let's forget about "before Sample", and take the following way: we take a period of 5 months, train EA for 1,2,4,5 months, this is Sample. The 3rd month is "Simple". Does this have a right to live?

Our task is to find patterns, not to fit an EA with too many degrees of freedom to a curve. The OOS serves to give us something to distinguish one from the other. In fact, blindly both "before" and "after" are wrong. The learning period was UP-trend, at OOS even if "after" the DOWN-trend fell out. The SLO was a failure. But it will go up again, and the TS may show itself even better. In short, everyone is wrong according to the measure of their "special talent".

But yes it's just off topic, but on the topic as for me and for those who ask "how the method differs from the crossing of two different TS, fitted at different intervals? But I'm sure it may open "the whole world" for someone, as the world of neural networks was opened for me, in fact, not at all by neural network advisor AI of the same author, who sends everyone to Job)

Actually, I made my point for a reason - "for the sake of a red word". The main ideas on identifying regularities were expressed by me in the "Where's the line..." thread, and the considerations preceding them were expressed even earlier in various threads.

But the funny thing is that just yesterday (before the activation in several threads Reshetov), I voiced a specific method (somewhat different from Reshetov), which allows you to uniquely establish the presence of the found patterns TC, and there is a possibility of identifying multiple patterns simultaneously (the number is limited only by the hardware capabilities and the amount of available history for analysis). I announced it to a local respected forum member in a personal conversation (if he considers it necessary, he will confirm the existence of the method).

MetaDriver:
I cannot trade the profit/equity curve, unfortunately. I do not know how to trade profit/equity curve. Can you teach me how to do it? I do not understand it.

No problem:

1. We have two positively (negatively) correlated BPs: BP1 and BP2
  2. Correlated - it means that there is such a difference (sum) that they will be hanging in the horizontal channel: BP3 = BP1 - Koef * BP2, Koef > 0 (Koef < 0).
  3. We trade this channel as follows. VP3 has moved out of its channel by a certain value. For example, it has moved upwards. Then we sell our BP3: sell BP1 (corresponding trade signals of TS1 inversely) and buy Koef * BP2 (corresponding trade signals of TS2 with volumes multiplied by Koef).
  4. When BP3 reaches its MO (selective), close.
  5. When VP3 will be lower by a certain amount, we buy VP3 - the same as point 3, only in reverse.

In general, it is important to understand that TS (even multicurrency TS) is also a financial instrument that can be used in the same way as a classic FI.

joo:
... I stated a specific method ... which allows unambiguously determining the presence of found patterns by TC, and it is possible to detect several patterns simultaneously ...
Very interesting! If the problem of establishing patterns is solved, then ... goodbye BP non-stationarity!? :) (I mean great!) But what allows you to assert uniqueness, i.e. the result of detection?
hrenfx:

The trick is that as the window moves (interval), even when our TC set does not change, the scales float. Well also the TC set is obliged to change.

This is the kind of self-adaptive Super TS that needs to be statistically investigated.
I agree! But what are the criteria for self-adaptation?
hrenfx:
... but from my point of view it's better not to do this kind of diversification of TS... but go straight to the search for relationships in the initial data - in the price BPs. And trade exactly these correlations ...
This is where I have "aye-aye" doubts :) - How to find these very correlations? (The idea of a "flat" instrument profit deduction is appreciated!)

This is quite different.

joo:

In fact, I did not just say that for the sake of a red word. The basic ideas on identification of regularities were expressed by me in a branch "Where is the line...", and the considerations preceding them even earlier in different branches.

But the amusing thing is that just yesterday (before the activation in several branches Reshetova), I voiced a specific method (somewhat different from Reshetova), allows you to uniquely establish the presence of the patterns found by TSkoy, and there is a possibility of identifying multiple patterns simultaneously (number limited only by the hardware capabilities and the amount of available history for analysis). I announced it to a local respected forum member in a personal conversation (if he considers it necessary, he will confirm the existence of the method).

It's a pity that that branch was flooded to the limit, there were fragments of sensible ideas which are difficult to find now... But I remember your posts there, although I didn't entirely agree with them.

And once again it is a pity that you cannot give a word or two about your method "to statedefinitely the existence of the regularities found by TC . Is it so secret and unambiguous? Maybe you can give us a hint what it is about?

hrenfx:

No problem:

1. We have two positively (negatively) correlated BPs: BP1 and BP2
  2. Correlated - it means that there is such a difference (sum) that they will be in the horizontal channel: BP3 = BP1 - Koef * BP2, Koef > 0 (Koef < 0).
  3. We trade this channel as follows. VP3 has moved out of its channel by a certain value. For example, it has moved upwards. Then we sell our BP3: sell BP1 (corresponding trade signals of TS1 inversely) and buy Koef * BP2 (corresponding trade signals of TS2 with volumes multiplied by Koef).
  4. When BP3 reaches its MO (selective), close.
  5. When VP3 will be lower by a certain amount, we buy VP3 - the same as point 3, only in reverse.

In general, it is important to understand that TS (even multicurrency) is also a financial instrument that can be traded the same way as classic FI.

I will think about it. In general, after optimization in the top lines of the MT-optimizer there are a lot of highly correlated TPs. (if we count one Expert Advisor with different parameters in different TSs). There is something to try.

The main question is: won't a profit flat turn out to be a lack of profit? Because... drawdowns are bad... but it would be nice to have a profit... :)

voltair:
Согласен! Но критерии самоадаптации какие?

Like what? Shifted the window and did the same thing I wrote after the bar.

This is where I have "aye-aye" doubts :) - How to find these very correlations? (I appreciate the idea of "flat out" deducting instrument profits!)
You can have a look at my works in CodeBase. They are exactly on this topic.

MetaDriver:

I'll think about it. Actually, after optimization in the top lines of MT-optimizer accumulates a shitload of high-correlated TPs. (if you count one Expert Advisor with different parameters for different TS). There is something to try.

Too high correlation is evil: profit will not cover overheads (spreads + commissions + slippages + swaps).

hrenfx:
This is very different.
The method is different, the hopes are the same.
Reason: