TSR - resuscitating trading systems - page 13

I made an external programme using the optimisation algorithm, as in the first post of this thread. I named it Gold Dust - gold-bearing sand.

When you call the program for the first time, it will ask for the file that launches MT4 terminal. After that the path and the file name are saved in settings and are not requested for the next calls.

After that you need to download historical data on the currency pair specified in the Symbol field, at least 9 months before today (or make sure that the history has already been downloaded), select the method, i.e. what to feed to the perceptron inputs, set the lot size and click "Start".

The program will sequentially run the optimization in the terminal through the command line, substituting the dates for different sections. After each phase, the report files are parsed, the most perceptive ones are selected and substituted in the Expert Advisor settings for the next phase. Once the optimization is completed and the program is sure that the forward test was passed successfully, we create a file, for example, GD_EURUSD without external parameters. In case of failure of the forward test, the process will repeat.

The entire process takes approximately 15 minutes. That is, it is very convenient, for example, to get up in the morning, start it and go have breakfast. After breakfast everything is ready, you can look through forward test report and if everything is OK, start it and mind your business.

Now I think to create a site for this household, which will distribute the program + support. The domain has already been chosen: gold-dust.info

Reshetov:
Relax
You're somehow always one step behind events. Both in councillors and in advice. Your councillors are good at history, your advice is already history. I am having a rest indeed, for a year now I have been enjoying the sight of a working man, a prospector shoveling everything at hand in the hope of picking up a crumb of gold. There is nothing more beautiful than this sight. But another failure brings a special zest to this contemplation. No gloating, but a gasp at your thoughtless persistence. It's like watching an ancient silent film comedy. You should stop to think, but you with incredible energy continue shoveling, excuse me, shit, but not the gold dust. It's also nice to see how your enthusiasm entices people to hike. In all these years you haven't dug up anything, but the insights you've given us - thank you very much. I'm resting, and you keep up the show. You are the Charlie Chaplin of this forum in the best comedic sense.

For those wishing to test the method in fully automatic mode rather than manually: the installer is in the attached file.

In order to run the program you will need to install Java JRE on the computer. The latest version of JRE can be downloaded from: http://java.com

Further information can be found in ReadMe.rtf file, which can be found in the installation directory.

The program has been run under Windows XP only, so there is no guarantee that it will work on other platforms

Just in case you need to check the file for viruses before running it. DrWeb did not find anything suspicious, but God protects the spared.

Files:
Reason: