create an expert for mt4 using a programme made in exel - page 6

yosuf:

I strongly disagree! We must respect its majesty time and treat it with due attention, especially time in these processes is primary, and the price is a product of time action. no matter how difficult it is for us, we must consider true time, the only deviation is to take equal time intervals, which does not contradict the laws of statistics.

Alas, in the markets the unit of time measurement is a tick, and this tick is not tied to either time or statistics - someone placed an order, someone removed an order = tick.

The laws of statistics: yes, they do work and are calculated by time intervals, but these statistics do not work for financial time series;)

If you choose D1 as the minimum time frame, then all intraday trends disappear inside the daily bar, if you choose M1 then only ticks disappear, if you choose 1 second or 1 ms then you will have zero/unspecified price values, because the absence of a tick does not give you the courage to assume that the price has not changed ;)

yosuf:

About the G-function in the form you cited, I suggested it as a "Universal Regression Model", which describes dependencies as well as series, but is a by-product of the theory that doesn't need to be mentioned here, however, I wanted to show them that it is a powerful function that deals with pricing.

Do you have any data to show that the gamma function as a regression model is better than, for example, the exponentially decaying cosine (which, by the way, is also the solution of some equation quite applicable to the market)?

IgorM:

Alas, the unit of time measurement in the markets is a tick, and this tick is not connected either with time or with statistics - someone put an order, someone removed an order = tick

The laws of statistics: yes they do work and are counted by time intervals, but the same statistics do not work on financial time series ;)

If you choose D1 as the minimum time interval, then all intraday trends will disappear inside the daily bar, if you choose M1 then only ticks will disappear, if you choose 1 second or 1 ms then you will get zero/undetermined price values, because the absence of a tick does not give you the courage to assume that the price has not changed ;)

You are wrong, the tick itself is a product of time, I don't see why we should introduce one more uncertainty in the form of a tick in an already complicated process. Anyway, we're not betting on the tick, we're betting on time.

IgorM:

Alas, the unit of time measurement in the markets is a tick, and this tick is not connected either with time or with statistics - someone put an order, someone removed an order = tick

The laws of statistics: yes they do work and are counted by time intervals, but the same statistics do not work on financial time series ;)

If you choose D1 as the minimum time interval, then all intraday trends will disappear inside the daily bar, if you choose M1 then only ticks will disappear, if you choose 1 second or 1 ms then you will get zero/undetermined price values, because the absence of a tick does not give you the courage to assume that the price has not changed ;)

But what if I select 15 minutes? I could care less about the relative error of the tick's arrival time, but large market movements are often linked to 15-minute cut-offs.

alsu:
Do you have any data indicating that the gamma function as a regression model is better than, for example, exponentially decaying cosine (which, by the way, is also the solution of some equation quite applicable to the market)?

Give me the data-comparison with your expo, by the way, it is easy to show that the expon. distribution is a partial case of the L-distribution.

alsu:
What if I choose 15 minutes? I could care less about the relative error in tick arrival time, but large market movements are often linked to 15-minute cut-offs.

For God's sake, get an appropriate relationship that absorbs all the excitement within that cutoff

alsu:
What if I choose 15 minutes? The relative error of the tick arrival time in this case may not bother me anymore. But large market movements are often tied to 15-minute cut-offs.
Or, suppose, I want to control both timeframes and price, so I give a command for starting a new bar both at certain times and when the price crosses certain levels. I can also add ticks control in the same way and cut off, for example, every hundredth bar. Who prevents me from doing that? No one. And I will combine the positive aspects of all approaches:))

yosuf:

For God's sake, get an appropriate relationship that absorbs all the ripples within that interval
The ripples are fractal in nature, and the same on all time scales.

yosuf:

Give me the data-comparison with your expo, by the way, it is easy to show that the expon. distribution is a partial case of the G-distribution.
"Exponent" and "exponentially decaying cosine" are not the same thing.

yosuf:

You are wrong, the appearance of the tick is a product of time, I do not understand why we need to introduce one more uncertainty in the form of a tick in an already complicated process. All the same, we're not betting on the tick, we're betting on time.

i think that you are wrong - any price change is a tick, not the time, if no market player opened/closed orders, the price would look like a horizontal line and no matter how much time passed the price would be constant! if you bet on the time, the profit strategy would look like the following: open profit in any direction and wait for the time - no profit, change the time of transaction

alsu:
For example, key news is not released "every hundredth of a tick", but often linked to a certain time of day.

As for the news and the very process of price formation I tried to discuss https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/123519/page475 but nobody has supported the idea so far, because I believe that even news cannot move the price even one pip, but mass order closing during news hours happens daily - a notorious insider and that is how you can manipulate the price.

If you want, let's try to discuss what the price is and why it goes up and down.

Reason: