Chandelier - page 21

JonKatana:
MaxZ:

There is only one question. Consider the situation:

Suppose We opened a buy on Friday with initial volume. Friday's candle closed downwards. On Monday, we are down, but the conditions for buying remain in place. Should we cover the losing Buy and open a Buy with double volume? Or should we leave it and wait for the conditions to sell and look at the equity and the balance (this was the outcome that I accepted as correct and implemented in my EA)?

The correct one is the first option (highlighted).

Thank you. It turns out I haven't grasped all the nuances of TC. I stand corrected! :)))

We could not cover the losing trade, but open the second buy with the initial amount... We would not give the spread to DC! :))) Although it's not so important for this system, because daily movements are much larger than the spread.

JonKatana:
MaxZ:
This is where the inaccuracy comes in. If I understand the TS correctly, an order with double volume can live for more than one day.
No. If the day is profitable for a double order, it is closed and the next order is opened with the initial volume. If the day is unprofitable, the double order is also closed and an order of the opposite direction of the triple volume is opened.

We should correct this moment.

Roman.:

What do you mean it didn't?

JonKatana 22.10.2012 17:40.
Roman.:

1. When to exit a position?

2. Please, explain a little more.

If the order has the initial volume, then after the first counter candle.

Orders with a volume greater than the initial one (double, triple) only live one day.

Yes, yes... I saw... Didn't see that coming. I apologize. I stand corrected. :)))

Well now the rules of the CU are flawlessly enforced! :))))) Myth about its profitability has been dispelled.

I started to make this EA because the idea reminded me of yyy999 EA. I thought it would be an interesting multi-currency EA. Oh no! That EA also traded once a day and averaged, but its rules for entering are clearly more complicated! :DD

WARNING: The Expert Advisor is intended for testing in the "strategy tester" on TF D1 only. The tests "by opening price" and "by all ticks" are not different. And all because I only wanted to test the idea and nothing more.

Files:

MaxZ:

Well now the rules of the CU are flawlessly enforced! :))))) Myth about its profitability has been dispelled.

I started to make this EA because the idea reminded me of yyy999 EA. I thought it would be an interesting multi-currency EA. Oh no! That EA also traded once a day and averaged, but its rules for entering are clearly more complicated! :DD

WARNING: The Expert Advisor is intended for testing in the "strategy tester" on TF D1 only. The tests "by opening price" and "by all ticks" are not different. And all because I only wanted to test the idea and nothing more.

Thanks, Max! I'll have a look...

MaxZ:

Now the rules of the TS are flawlessly fulfilled! :))))) ...

It is possible not to cover a losing buy, but to open a second buy with the initial volume...

No. There is ONLY one position in the market! Max, if you're going to do this... Be kind and get the expa by this rule as well...

JonKatana 24.10.2012 18:47
----------------------------------------------------------------
Roman..:

John, i.e. orders are opened every day by this strategy?

And then their closing and possible opening on the increased volumes according to the rules you described above? Is it so?

------------------------------------------------------------------

There is always one order. If the day went in a profitable direction, it stays the same the next day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roman.:

No. There is ONLY one position in the market! Max, if you're going to do this... If you're going to do that, please make the expa by this rule too...

You can do it, not you have to. Only one position on the market. Two was harder to pin with the approach I chose! :DD

MaxZ:
Can does not mean you have to. Only one position in the market. Two was harder to code with the approach I chose! :DD
Why did not you show me the results of the test with a screenshot? :-)

Roman.:
Why didn't you post the test results with a screenshot? :-)

It's an ugly screenshot... And it's too simple a system to make money with it! :)) I wonder how the author of TS trades with it in real time...

MaxZ:

It's an ugly screen... And it's too simple a system to make money with it! :)) I wonder how the author of TS trades on it...

OK! Now, Renault level 3 (AMX38) will pump up and start testing your version of the exp... :-)

JonKatana:

In the event of a losing move by double volume, the current order is also closed and a triple volume order is opened.

By the way, I've been thinking... If the initial volume is 1.0, then double volume is obviously 2.0 and triple volume is 3.0? :)))))) My Expert Advisor has the 4.0 because I set it to 4.0... In 2012 on EUR/USD I got better results with 4.0 than with 3.0, however it was not so good. So I would not and will not trade using this trading system.

MaxZ:

By the way, I've been thinking... If the initial volume is 1.0, then the double volume will obviously be 2.0, and the triple volume then 3.0!? :)))))) My Expert Advisor has the 4.0 because I set it to 4.0... In 2012 on EUR/USD I got better results with 4.0 than with 3.0, however it was not so good. So I would not and will not trade using this trading system.

Yes, 3.0 in your example.
Reason: