Any questions from a PROFI to a SUPER PROFI - 1. - page 37

Zhunko:
You can do it, of course. Here are some examples of working with this function in MQL4.

You already have Size as input, I couldn't find how you define it. In all likelihood, this isStringLen().

Let's skip complex functions.
In Unicode, 1 character is equal to 2 bytes. It means thatStringLen()*2 will be neededto get the string size in bytes. Do I understand it correctly?

I could be wrong, but StringLen seems to return the length of the string including the ending character, you have to subtract one.

Heroix:

You already have Size as input, I couldn't find how you define it. In all likelihood, this isStringLen().

Let's skip complicated functions...
In Unicode 1 character is 2 bytes. I.e. you needStringLen()*2 to get the string size in bytes. Am I reading this correctly?

You're looking in the wrong place. There's a library with stringLen. Otherwise, everything is correct.
TheXpert:
I could be wrong, but StringLen seems to return the string length including the trailing character, you have to subtract one.
It returns the actual string length. If you want buffer length, +1.

TheXpert:
I could be wrong, but StringLen seems to return the length of the string including the ending character, you have to subtract one.
Wrong.

alega:
Hello! Can you tell me in which folder and with which extension global variables are stored? Can I copy the folder with the global variables to another terminal?

\Your terminal\profiles\gvariables.dat

Is it possible to copy the global variable folder to another terminal?

Is there a program for transferring global variables from one term to another? Thank you.

I need to transfer from demo terminal to real terminal the value of global variable 0 or 1. Is it possible and how?

alega, you've got the wrong branch.

I answered you here.

Keep asking there. The specifics are a bit different here.

Thank you!

does anyone know how to name an exe file properly in C++ at postbuild stage - according to #define parameter in project code?

Or, in the VC project itself, set the internal $ parameter for the compiler, so that it can be set like #pragma .... from the code.
or third option - what parameters (maybe version number resources) are available in project properties to compiler, so they can be used in postbuild operation?

Reason: