[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 444

DDFedor:

Because you are trying to work on the "peculiarities of the DC", not the "peculiarities of the market". The "peculiarities of the VC" are easy to close and you are out of business. The solution is to study the peculiarities of the market, not the peculiarities of the brokerage companies.
I do not want or study special features of brokerage companies. I only wanted to use results of testing parameters of an EA on one brokerage company for others because prices, averaged over each bar, should not be sharply different when going from one brokerage company to another. I seem to be mistaken. I cannot optimize some brokerage companies - I get only one 1/1 result.

yosuf:
My aim is not to study particularities of brokerage companies, but to use the results of testing parameters on one brokerage company for other ones, because prices averaged over each bar probably should not be very different when going from one brokerage company to another. I seem to be mistaken. I cannot optimize some brokerage companies - I get only one 1/1 result.

if an advisor loses with some brokerage companies and works profitably with others.... you'd better read more about brown noise....

It's about the input parameters....a truly profitable EA should (axiom) work on any pair, any timeframe...with any brokerage company...

tol64:

Does this have any critical effect on the test? Can I give you an example?

Strange as it may seem, take an EA, optimize its parameters on one brokerage company quotes and then run visualization with these parameters on the tester of another brokerage company, sometimes we get diametrically opposed results, that is the problem, even with the results of the nearest history, for example, the latest days.

yosuf:
It turns out, oddly enough, for example, take an EA, optimize its parameters on the quotes of one brokerage company, then run a visualization with these parameters on the tester of another brokerage company, you get sometimes diametrically opposite results, that's the problem, even based on the results of the nearest history, for example, the last days.

Yusuf, I dare say - it's all the machinations of "Consortium banks ... against us ordinary ( non-grail), mortals"... :-)))

how to make the operator

while ( Condition ) 

loop for one time in EA ?

I.e. I want to make a while statement work only once in its entire work.

-------------------------------- I want to understand how to do it.

Task #2: I want to loop the while statement so that it runs exactly after 20 seconds.

yosuf:
Strange as it may seem, take an EA, optimize its parameters on quotes of one brokerage company and then run visualization with those parameters in the tester of another brokerage company and sometimes we get diametrically opposed results, that is the problem.

No, I didn't mean exactly that. I was asking a question about holes. How many holes must be there to prevent this from a trading strategy creation? )))

The fact is that I only develop EAs on large TFs. Not below H4. Therefore I do not think, or rather I am sure, that the problem you suggest may affect me in some way.

semiromid:

how to make the operator

loop one time in the EA ?

It all depends on the condition after all. As long as the condition is true or not true perform whatever is in the body of the loop.

zoritch:

if an advisor loses with some brokerage companies and works profitably with others.... you'd better read more about brown noise....

it's about the input parameters....a truly profitable EA should (axiom) work on any pair, any timeframe...with any brokerage company...

A truly profitable EA should work on the same pair on the same spread in different DCs. Compare the channel NZDCAD/ which often rolls back if it is trending and the trending EURUSD that often does not roll back.

Question about modification of a pending order.

Function OrderModify() doesn't allow to modify lot size. It turns out that if we need to change the pending order volume according to money management system at the current moment, we will have to delete it and set it anew with a new volume. Am I thinking correctly or is there some other alternative? ))

Yes
Reason: