[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 300

ksyusha-Z:

Have you figured out where to output the global variables, and their values are taken from the Data window?

Why the global ones? Although they can be...

We can write a simple indicator that reads values of both indicators through iCustom() and checks their intersection, producing alerts.

The calculation functions of both indicators can be moved to a new one and in it, as a separate indicator, to check the crossing of buffer values.

You can write an Expert Advisor that will also check for crossing of lines of both indicators and generate alerts.

Or you may do nothing at all... :))))

There are many variants.

Guys, can you advise me on this question - how is the drawdown calculated - maximum, absolute and relative? The test results in the owl report show 100% profitable trades, but there are drawdowns...

Roman.:

Guys, can you advise me on this question - how is the drawdown calculated - maximum, absolute and relative? The test results in the owl report show 100% profitable trades, but there are drawdowns...

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1486

"Maximal drawdown", the maximum drawdown, is the maximum difference between one of the local upper extrema of the balance change chart and the following lower extrema:
MaximalDrawDown = Max of (Maximal Peak - next Minimal Peak) The figures below show the main stages of change of the value of maximal drawdown during testing. The final value of the maximal drawdown is highlighted by thick arrows." - from the article,

but in this picture from the strategy tester there were no positions closed at a loss...

Hello!

I couldn't find any description of delivery scripts in documentation, on the website or on the forum (except modify_pending.mq4).

Please tell me what the provisioning scripts do:

close.mq4
delete_pending.mq4
modify.mq4
period_converter.mq4
rotate_text.mq4
send_pending.mq4
trade.mq4

Thank you. Sincerely, Alexander

pa0905:

Hello!

I couldn't find any description of delivery scripts in documentation, on the website or on the forum (except modify_pending.mq4).

Please advise what do the supplying scripts do:

close.mq4
delete_pending.mq4
modify.mq4
period_converter.mq4
rotate_text.mq4
send_pending.mq4
trade.mq4

Thank you. Sincerely, Alexandr

You should at least open a textbook for fun - on this (summary) page... :-)))

Roman.:

"Maximal drawdown", the maximum drawdown, is the maximum difference between one of the local upper extrema of the balance change chart and the following lower extrema:
MaximalDrawDown = Max of (Maximal Peak - next Minimal Peak) The figures below show the main stages of change of the value of maximal drawdown during testing. The final value of the maximal drawdown is highlighted by thick arrows." - from the article,

but in this picture from the strategy tester there were no positions closed at a loss...

The graph reflects the balance and funds at the time of closing one of the positions, but the graph does not show the drawdown of funds if no position was closed, and all positions (along with you) "suffered" drawdown.

Roman.:

You should at least for fun open a textbook - on this (summary) page... :-)))

and you might want to read this article: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490;)

not to post screenshots of the tester - have you solved the mystery of tick simulation in the tester? then go ahead - bet on a real account!

DhP:
The chart shows the balance and funds at the time of closing one of the positions, but the drawdown is not visible on the chart if no positions were closed and all positions (along with you) "suffered" a drawdown.

I see. :-))) I will look more carefully in visualisation mode. It means that if a Sell position is opened and the price goes up for some time, that is a drawdown? Did I get it right?

IgorM:

And you should read this article: https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490;)

Not to post screenshots of the tester - have you solved the mystery of tick simulation in the tester? Then go ahead - bet on a real account!

What are the mysteries of ticks - daily chart toggles at opening prices... :-))) This is just the first time I've come across something like this... :-))) Tests posted, for a better understanding of the question to the person answering it...
Reason: