[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 12

Zhunko:

Who installs software to the C drive?!

You need to partition the physical drive into several logical drives:

1. For the system. System only!!!

2. For the swap file.

3. For programmes.

4. For information. This is where the My Documents folder is located. It must be switched here.

5. For Forex (I have it like this). The history from all MT4 folders lies here. Redirected by symbolic links.

6. Disk for system backup. After a backup it is necessary to copy its content to any other disk.

==========

Thus:

1. 1. You can have a small backup of the system and software disk, which, if necessary, you can restore in 10 minutes, without reinstalling any software or losing any information.

2. The system disk fragments by less than 10% in a year. Defragment less frequently.

3. some protection against viruses. Everything will stand in nonstandard places.

4. Speed of work is somewhat higher. Smaller system footprint and lack of fragmentation of the system disc and swap file.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

I have 60g of C: drive, the system needs about 20g, the rest goes where, I've checked all the folders, they don't weigh that much in total. Checked both Dr.Web and NOD32 no viruses, how to find a directory where the story to remove it and free up space. and then will follow your advice.

Zhunko:

1. For the system. For the system only!!!

2. For swap file.

3. For programmes.

4. For information. This is where the My Documents folder is located. It must be switched here.

5. For Forex (I have it like this). The history from all MT4 folders lies here. Redirected by symbolic links.

6. Disk for system backup. After the backup it is necessary to copy its content to any other medium.

Total - 5 "system" disks and 1 for information... . Overkill for just the user.

Abzasc:
Total - 5 "system" disks and 1 for information... . Overkill for just the user.
Well you can shorten the list, system and programs on one drive, info on the other, swap is quite a substitute for a good amount of RAM... Backup to an external hard drive...

merkulov.artem:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

But my C: drive has 60 gigs, the system takes 20 gigs, and the rest goes where, I checked all the folders, they in total do not weigh that much. Checked and Dr.Web and NOD32 no viruses, how to find a directory where the story to remove it and make room. and then will follow your advice.

Well, these utilities are not enough to really check for viruses, now almost all machines are inhabited by rootkits and you need to use the appropriate programs. AVZ for diagnostics, MBAM is enough for some cases and the rest are manual.

Disk space can be consumed for system recovery, plus swap and hibernation files, and the temporary directory should be cleaned.... by the way is the system 20 gigs? just the windows folder?

Doberman101:

Greetings.

Help me write an EA.

What's wrong with the ones you've already written? https://www.mql5.com/ru/code

splxgf:

The virus scanning tools are not sufficient to check for viruses, as almost all machines are now infested with rootkits and the appropriate tools should be used. For diagnostics AVZ, in some cases MBAM is enough, in others it is a manual job.

Disk space can be consumed for system recovery, plus swap and hibernation files, and the temporary directory should be cleaned.... by the way is the system 20 gigs? just the windows folder?

I looked in the C: drive and found C:\Users\. There is a user in it I enter all the folders - weighs 500 mb and if you exit and select a folder - the whole folder is 30 gig? tried to view hidden files does not work. How do I clean it up? I don't need to restore the system, my drive is 30 gigs full in 4 days.

merkulov.artem:

I searched the C: drive and found C:\Users\ folder. There is a user in it, I enter all the folders - weighs 500 mb, but if you exit and select the folder - the entire folder is 30 gig? tried to view hidden files does not work. How do I clean it up?
Well for a start enable hidden files in explorer... If it doesn't let you turn it on deal with a virus first or with any file manager like total commander the task of seeing where the space has gone is solved quicker.

splxgf:
What's wrong with what you've already written?

From the heart.

Help fix, not closing all open positions...

Thank you.

void CloseAllOrders()
{
  for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
  {
    RefreshRates();
    if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))
    if(AccountProfit() > 0)
    {
    if(OrderType()== OP_BUY) 
       OrderClose (OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Bid,Digits),10,CLR_NONE);
    if(OrderType()== OP_SELL)
       OrderClose (OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits),10,CLR_NONE);
    }
  }  
  return(0);
}

rustein:
Help fix, not closing all open positions...

Thank you.

if(AccountProfit() > 0)
Reason: