Stops - page 8

picard:

And here's my 1.5 years experience.

I agree by 20% that, the main objective is not to make money but to preserve capital!

I don't agree at all, Maximum loss from one trade = 5-8% of balance.
And here the maximal loss from one trade = 0,01-0,5% of the balance is a completely different matter.
With this kind of risk management even a systematic unsystematic manual trade can easily become profitable!
Why do you think? Waiting for your thoughts...

less losses = more trades

more trades = more chance of waiting for a good deal

more chance of waiting for a good deal = chance of using that deal and recouping all losses

right?

picard:

And here's my 1.5 years of experience

There is such a thing...

Can you go on?

Byte:

more deals = more chance of waiting for a good deal

The more trades and the closer the stops and targets in each one, the more you will be loved by your broker and the faster your deposit will be drained. This is the rule. There are of course exceptions.

picard:

And here is my 1.5 years of experience.

I agree by 20% that, the main objective is not to make money but to preserve capital!

I don't agree at all, Maximum loss from one trade = 5-8% of the balance.
And here the maximal loss from one trade = 0,01-0,5% of the balance is a completely different matter.
With this kind of risk management even a systematic unsystematic manual trade can easily become profitable!
Why do you think? I am waiting for your thoughts...

And now, if you allow me, I'll add my five cents.

When you trade with big risk (volume 5-8% of balance, some trade even with 20-30%) at every loss you start to think what it would result in, and at that moment you create a result, yes the very one, 5-6 more of these stops and all deposit is drained. Next time you need to open a position you start stupor, you say you need to enter, but look at the chart and cannot move a finger. As a consequence, you miss the opportunity to profit, because this very trade was profitable! And then you start thinking again. Why is this happening? Do you remember what kind of result you created? In such situations you experience a strong resistance of your body, doubt and fear. When you are afraid or doubtful, ask yourself the question, who is afraid you or your mind? Actually you cannot be afraid, you do not have fear and doubt, you can only observe how afraid and panicked your mind is. When you realise this, you will realise that, it is you who is the master, not your mind. The mind is a tool in your hands. You must control it, use it, not the other way around.

To get what you want you have to feel and realize that you really want it, and if you want it then you have already created a result. Now you need to act, and you should not care how you do it. You don't have to worry about the outcome. Why? Because the result has already been created, when you felt and realized what you want.
When you trade with such a small risk (volume 0.01-0.5% of balance) then you don't care what the result will be, because you're not thrilled with the profits you earn and even less worried about losses, you have enough margin of safety, you don't care. All that remains is to enjoy the process, as you go towards your goal!

Chasing the future, or looking back at the past, you are losing the present. There is no past and no future, only the present.
The main task of 80% is to watch, to observe the present!
The other 20% is to act, to act consciously! You have to feel and realise what you really want, otherwise it's a road to nowhere.

What's with the weed?

Svinozavr:<br / translate="no"> There is such a thing...
Can you go on?
Going back to stops again, somewhere here it was written that stops are triggered first, and then the price rolls where it needs to. So, you see what happens, do not enter, but put a pending Buy Limit, Sell Limit order instead of a stop. And you will be lucky.

Observe the natural order of things. Look for correspondence to this order, and do not confront it, so that it does not confront you!

Choosing a strategy for the current price is like folding a pazil, you don't have to flip and measure one by one, but flip them all at once (observe) and choose the right one (make a deliberate decision)

picard:
Again going back to the stops, it has been written here somewhere that the stops are triggered first and then the price goes where it needs to go.
Put your stops out of reach of market noise and so that you can't blame your broker for knocking them down.

picard:

And here is my 1.5 years experience.

I don't agree at all, Maximum loss from one trade = 5-8% of the balance.
Why do you think? I am waiting for your thoughts...

And now, if you allow me, I'll add my five cents.

When you trade with big risk (volume 5-8% of balance, some trade even with 20-30%) at every loss you start to think what it would result in, and at that moment you create a result, yes the very one, 5-6 more of these stops and all deposit is drained. Next time you need to open a position you start stupor, you say you need to enter, but look at the chart and cannot move a finger. As a consequence, you miss the opportunity to profit, because this very trade was profitable! And then you start thinking again. Why is this happening? Do you remember what kind of result you created? In such situations you experience a strong resistance of your body, doubt and fear. When you are afraid or doubtful, ask yourself the question, who is afraid you or your mind? You cannot actually be afraid, you do not have fear and doubt, you can only observe how afraid and panicked your mind is. When you realise this, you will realise that, it is you who is the master, not your mind. The mind is a tool in your hands. You must control it, use it, not the other way around.

To get what you want you have to feel and realize that you really want it, and if you want it then you have already created a result. Now you need to act, and you should not care how you do it. You don't have to worry about the outcome. Why? Because the result has already been created, when you felt and realized what you want.
When you trade with such a small risk (volume 0.01-0.5% of balance) then you don't care what the result will be, because you're not thrilled with the profits you earn and even less worried about losses, you have enough margin of safety, you don't care. All that remains is to enjoy the process, as you go towards your goal!

Chasing the future, or looking back at the past, you are losing the present. There is no past and no future, only the present.
The main task of 80% is to watch, to observe the present!
The other 20% is to act, to act consciously! You have to feel and realise what you really want, otherwise it's a road to nowhere.

What a jibber-jabber - present, future, I am the master of the mind, not it is my master.....

When consciousness is developed, psychology can be completely eliminated (switched off) and you can play with thousands of dollars like kopecks.

Actually, while psychology's slave instinct is working - losses give rise to hope, and profits give rise to fear. The treatment - you need a TS with entry and exit points and stops! Actually the book "Complete Technical Analysis" by J. Schwager is an example of accurate TA trading based on flags and pennants with entries and exits. And at one time it was profitable.

picard:
Again, coming back to stops, somewhere here it was written that stops are triggered first, and then the price goes where it needs to go. Well, you see what is happening, so do not enter, but place a pending Buy Limit, Sell Limit order in place of the stop. And you will be lucky.

Observe the natural order of things. Look for correspondence to this order, and do not confront it, so that it does not confront you!

Choosing a strategy for the current price is like folding a pazil, you don't have to flip and measure one by one, but flip them all at once (observe) and choose the right one (make a deliberate decision)
This is not psychology but a peculiarity of the market - quite often the price flies away without a hitch and accordingly there is a missed profit. The fractional entry option is a psychological trap that is the same thing. A 500-pp stop variant is a kind of trading without any stops - what is the first lot? This is the question that has not been solved - I am thinking about it!

Virtual dynamic stop loss: invisible, skips spikes, observes overall price dynamics, has fuzzy values.

paukas:
What kind of weed?
Let's not talk about weed in front of Ayrat. OK.
Reason: