Why the developers failed to make a proper tester - page 4

I think the tester is fine, it's just that there are some peculiarities in the test, if these are taken into account, the result of the test will be fully consistent with the actual state of affairs.

VDev:

And you're swearing at the tester... Everything that is not needed by a brokerage company is second-rate by definition.

They may be of different types and sizes than the brokers who are interested in the market. After discussing the necessity of introducing exceptions into MQL5, having heard the explanation "you don't need it" for the ...-teenth time, I finally understood that they simply could not handle it. :( Actually, this is probably the explanation of the slow bug fixing.

VDev:

SZZ: And we should really write our own tester and write the tick history for ourselves, what I've been doing for a long time for three brokerage companies

Everyone seems to be doing it. Also thinking to do so. So far it stops that it is not particularly necessary, and if you implement it qualitatively - it's quite a big task.

ChachaGames:
I mean the same thing! You need a quality, normal (apparently alternative) tester, even for the money you're willing to buy one!

The trader must be able to analyse the phenomena and if something goes wrong - first sort out your gaps, and only after that does it make sense to make claims.

Well, or buy the "right" profitable tester, if understanding does not work. I highly recommend reading the article Tester in MetaTrader 4: A Must-Know, which was written based on just such threads.

Azzx:

Everyone seems to be doing it (tester). I'm thinking of doing one as well. So far it's stopped by the fact that it's not really needed, and if it's implemented qualitatively it's quite a big task.

Flag in your hands, for many years here have passed dozens of those who want to write your own tester. But no matter how hard they try - at best it turns out a pathetic imitation of our tester - that is banal plagiarism, no own ideas.

Do not come back without a tester :)

Rosh:

Favors in your hands, over the years here have passed dozens of people who want to write your own tester. But no matter how hard they try, at best we get a pathetic semblance of our tester - that is banal plagiarism, no own ideas.

Do not come back without a tester :)

You have 2 different strings in your profile, I hope this is a typo and the Russian-language part of MT4 is still supported on this forum?

"I can verify only the cases of possible bugs in the client terminal or in languages MQL4/MQL5."

"I can only verify cases of possible bugs in client terminal/MQL5 languages".

Question - are there any plans to fix the editor crashes on x64 operating systems? A couple of years ago this question was posted on the forum and the developers were answering that they were unable to reproduce this bug.

I've got 30% of my MQL4 trainees complaining that it's impossible to work.

Or maybe at least make the editor recognize that the file was modified by an external editor? I think that would suit everyone completely, and the work for an hour.

For reference - see FindFirstChangeNotification, FindNextChangeNotification, FindCloseChangeNotification

Rosh:
Don't come back without a tester :)

Yeah, chichaz. :)

VDev:

Question - is the editor crashing on x64 operating systems going to be fixed? A couple of years ago this question was asked on the forum, I remember the developers answering that they couldn't reproduce this bug.

You know - I've never had it happen to me in all that time. Vista x64. Licence. Timely updates. Besides, I am actively working with dll C++ and none of the versions is failing. It may be something wrong with my operating system?

VDev:

You have 2 different strings in your profile, I hope this is a typo and the Russian part of MT4 is still supported on this forum?

"I can verify only the cases of possible bugs in the client terminal or in languages MQL4/MQL5."

"I can only verify cases of possible bugs in client terminal/MQL5 languages".

Question - are there any plans to fix the editor crashes on x64 operating systems? A couple of years ago this question was posted on the forum and the developers were answering that they were unable to reproduce this bug.

I've got 30% of my MQL4 trainees complaining that it's impossible to work.

Or maybe at least make the editor recognize that the file was modified by an external editor? I think that would completely suit everyone, and it's an hour's work.

For reference - see FindFirstChangeNotification, FindNextChangeNotification, FindCloseChangeNotification

Better to write to Service Desk and provide all the details required for reproduction. You can't help on the forum on such a general application.

But keep in mind - if you don't provide a reproducible example, no one will do it.

ChachaGames: Already found, MT4, MT5, java, C! I'm shocked... [...]

Can you tell me more about the pitfalls?

I looked at it too, and not for long either. Here are the pitfalls I saw immediately:

1. Conversion from other languages to JForex is correct only in the simplest cases. Conclusion: you have to write something serious in JForex. Are you ready for this?

2. it's good that there are often bot competitions on demos with decent prizes. The contest terms are curious and allow for manual intervention in the bot. However, there are more points:

- You are expected to publish the source code of the winner. If the winner refuses to publish it, his prize is halved. Consequence: there is nothing decent about the strategies in the published codes. I have already downloaded them, but I have not seen any particularly creative trading ideas.

- The real money that is thrown into the account must still be worked out with an appropriate volume of further trades with it. Only then they can be withdrawn.

I don't know how to download and use it, I just don't know how to open it on the Marketplace. I'm not talking about the volume of material similar to our kodobase: they are incomparable at all.

4. On the quality of testing and the credibility of the results, as well as the speed of testing... go to sllawa3 : ), I haven't checked yet.

Azzx:
So far, what stops it is that it's not really needed, and if it's implemented qualitatively, it's quite a big task.

Tester for bar opening - if it's buy-sell - two pages of code. To deal with swaps and spreads, to check that the results are the same as in MT - that's the complexity.

Rosh:
Good luck, dozens of people have been trying to write their own tester here for many years. But no matter how hard they try, at best they make a pathetic copy of our tester, that is banal plagiarism, they don't have their own ideas.

If there is only one option how to do something - how this option can be plagiarized?
... What ideas could there be?
We have ticks - we may test them on ticks - no ticks - we test the opening of a bar.

Reason: