Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? - page 29

sllawa3:

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Only if you have a working system.

joo:
As far as I'm concerned, if you are able to earn, it's not because of the locks, but because of you. Your bookkeeping (locks) has nothing to do with it, which means you can earn on netting, i.e. with any kind of bookkeeping.

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with you. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that even the most primitive trading system, absolutely any system, will be profitable if you have a rigorous risk management system in place. When you have a great, sophisticated trading system and no systematic approach to risk ... alas... it's doomed to fail.

All of my systems are based first on risk, methods of capital management, and then everything else. For my methods, the pinch of opening a deal is of secondary importance ... what volume to enter and how to correctly calculate stop and profit (of course, this is all very crude).

Galina:

I cannot agree with you, unfortunately. I came to the conclusion long time ago that even the most primitive trading system, absolutely any system, will perfectly bring profit when I have a tough risk management. When you have a great, sophisticated trading system and no systematic approach to risk ... alas... it's doomed to fail.

All my systems are based first on risk, money management methods, and then everything else. For my methods, the pinch of opening a deal is of secondary importance, rather than the volume you enter and the correct calculation of stop and profit (of course, this is a very crude way of putting it).

well that's the basics... rule of thumb... And in general, there are a number of simple logical rules that require strict adherence to in order to successfully trade, that most people know about, but rarely are followed (myself included)

Galina:

...I came to the conclusion, a long time ago, that even the most primitive trading system, absolutely any system, will bring excellent profits, as long as there is a strict risk management

For a while, yes. Don't put the cart before the horse.

joo:
Галина, если Вы способны зарабатывать, то это заслуга не локов, а Ваша. Ваша бухгалтерия (локи) тут не причем, а значит, сможете зарабатывать и на неттинге, то есть с любой бухгалтерией.

Galina:

I cannot agree with you, unfortunately. I came to the conclusion long time ago that even the most primitive trading system, absolutely any system, will perfectly bring profit when I have a tough risk management. When you have a great, sophisticated trading system and no systematic approach to risk ... alas... it's doomed to fail.

All my systems are based on risk and money management methods first, and then everything else. For my methods it is of secondary importance to which pinch will be opened rather than which volume to enter or how to calculate stop and profit correctly (of course, this is a very crude way of saying it).

I'm talking about Thomas and you're talking about Yeroma.
Reason: