Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? - page 23

VladislavVG:

The topic of this thread: is it possible to get fundamentally different results when using the same situation (market, TS signals). Svetlana thinks it can and that there is no alternative, I argue that netting can always be built ......

Uhh!!! Easy on the bends!!!

I never said there is no alternative.

The realities are these: do such locks have a right to live, or can they be successfully replaced by netting?

That's what we're trying to figure out. In the red corner of the ring (locks) is Swetten, in the blue corner (netting) is VladislavVG.

I have only stated that I am in favour of locks until proven otherwise.

Well, and the opposite is, in principle, clearly demonstrated.

So... :)

Nilog:

What if I hadn't turned around? Or would you have run out of money?

i've described in details the system of loss averaging with locs, i wrote that such a system needs to work with trend systems, i wrote that Risk Management is also necessary, read it if you can read as well as write.

SZS: I don't want to waste my time on repetition and arguments, you think that the lock is open 1 lot Buy and in 10 pps you need 1 lot Sell and that all is right - so it is, if you want to learn and understand what is the difference between automated trading and manual trading - think about it, I can repeat - in the lock is lost time, but not always the lost time could be used in profit

But the undoubted advantage for the Hands trader is the psychological effect that a loss is not a loss yet... we'll get our bearings and kill the elk...

Swetten:

Uhh!!! Easy on the bends!!!

I never said there was no alternative.

Sorry - got a bit thickened up, didn't I? Not out of malice - just out of my own stupidity :))))))))

Good luck.

Aleksander:
Hmm, what prevents you from opening a sub-account and locking it at your leisure? in alpha or some other terminal...?
No one's stopping you. I just don't need it.

Lord_Shadows:

I have here an idea suggested (YuraZ) do not remember that the FS from different systems added up, ie FS on TS1 = 5 + FS on TS2 = 6 equals FS (for both TS) = 11, ie to increase the FS to 50 must use multiple systems (5-10 ...) to get a total really reliable TS, all the rest is just dancing with tambourine, hi Michel, he is absolutely right!

If we do not have data of different TP and vice versa, the drawdown will not overlap. But in the vast majority of cases it (FS) at least increases, that's true.

IgorM:

i have described in detail the system of loss averaging with locs, i wrote that such a system needs to work together with trend systems, i wrote that Risk Management is also necessary, read it if you can read as well as write.

SZY: I don't want to waste my time on repetition and arguments, you think that the lot is opened 1 lot Buy and after 10 pips you need 1 lot Sell and that all is right - so it is, you want to learn and understand what is the difference between automated trading and manual trading - think it over, I can repeat - in the lot you lose time, but not always the lost time could be used in profits

No, don't waste your time.

Try to describe at least what you could not do without lock.

Nilog:

No, don't waste your time.

Try to describe at least one thing you could not do without a loca.

to open a position with a megalot

VladislavVG:

I argue that netting can always be constructed ......

Although in mathematical abstraction such an assertion is true, in real life and categorical form it is incorrect.

--

We should have a rite of exorcism for Glory... He's going to be all over the place with his stats...

sllawa3:
open a megalot position

well yes - and then close it wisely in parts. :) Only very small, so that the word loss doesn't get in the way :)

Reason: