Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? - page 22

gip:

Everything has already been illustrated for a hundred rows in thousands of locker and anti-locker arguments.

--

We have several trading systems working on one account. The state of each trading system must be stored on the server, in the form of orders.

Variant 1, with locks - each trading system is working with its own set of orders, they are like managing ones. The total trading position is displayed in the netting.

Variant 2, without locks - the trading system should retrieve its state from the aggregate position on every tick.

--

Arithmetic has nothing to do with it at all. This is not about the topic of the branch, it's about the stubbornness of anti-locking.

That's exactly what Arithmetic is all about...

Example:

we opened a Sell - lot=4 at 1.4020

price went up 80 pips - now we have 2 choices

1=Closeposition

2=Bypass 4 lots...

========== spread 5 pips ==============

Calculate Result????

Nilog:

I especially like it - and going in b\u. Oh, yeah, and there's another downside - the margins.

Otherwise, it's a fairy tale.

Do you want a suitcase of money now, or do you want to wait until tomorrow?

When I first found out about forex, the euro-yen was at 122. I bought it.

Now about netting me until now, please.

I don't know how and what you did, but the effect in my example is completely different: if you opened with Yen at 122, the Yen went down, you don't have to wait for it to come back and if it will ever come back to 122, you take a partial loss of 30 bps instead of a stop loss.since no one knows how long the initial move will last, if price moves down another 30 pips, then we will open another lock and wait for 30 pips to enter b/....

If the price changes again, it means we have to wait for the highest level, the disadvantage of such locking is the margin, alas everything has to be stopped somewhere, that is why we should use the Risk Management together with the averaging system, otherwise we may wait for the "exit" due to absence of the pledged funds

SZY: alas, loss averaging is not a panacea for solving all problems: minus of this system is a growing margin and precious time, well, time cannot be reverted, but you never know what would be the profit or loss at that time if you don't use lock, in the tester the combined use of lock and trend strategies gives advantage because the lock system "flies in" when the trend indicators give wrong data, and this time you usually need to wait out

Aleksander:

That's exactly what Arithmetic is all about...

Example:

Winged Sell - lot= 4 at 1.4020

price went up 80 pips - now with 2 options

1=Close position

2=Close 4 lots...

========== spread 5 pips ==============

Calculate Result????

80 pips. The rest is not a result, it's just chatter. Plus or minus the spread.

gip:

You're sick of your arithmetic. Lockers and anti-lockers alike. Some can't count, others can't think.

My own fault, what you wrote, I understood only because you have previously explained it in more detail in other threads

IgorM:

I don't know how and what you did, but the point of my example is different: if you opened with 122p to the yen, the yen went down, you don't have to wait for it to come back and if it ever does, you take a partial loss of 30p instead of a stop-loss.because no one knows how long the initial move will last, if the price goes down another 30 pips, then we will open another lock and wait for 30 pips to enter b/....

The price reversed again.

What if it didn't? Or would you run out of money?

Nilog:

80 pips. The rest is not a result, it's a quibble. Plus or minus spread.

not plus or minus - it is REALLY minus the spread... on every locking trade the system loses the spread...

and in the above example - on a simple close the loss was $3,200 and in the case of the Lock it was $3,400 - is there a difference?

My spouse's brother, a schoolboy, goes to the tenth grade, but in the third grade they somehow forgot to teach him how to add fractions. He still adds the numerator to the numerator and the denominator to the denominator... He mixes up plus and minus... He can't open brackets... And he seems like a smart guy...

He knows how to do it. I tell him how to add fractions, he tells me, and then I tell him to add these two, and he can't do it. It's the same with the lockers. Yeah, well...

gip:

Everything has already been illustrated for a hundred rows in thousands of locker and anti-locker arguments.

--

We have several trading systems working on one account. The state of each trading system must be stored on the server, in the form of orders.

Variant 1, with lots - each trading system works with its own set of orders, they are as if controlling. (The netting shows the aggregate trading position)

Variant 2, without locks - the trading system should retrieve its state from the aggregate position on every tick...

--

Arithmetic has nothing to do with it at all. This is not on the topic of the thread, it's to the stubbornness of anti-locking.

Sorry, I don't get it and how does it affect the result? That's what this thread is about.

And by the way, why did you decide that I am against the use of locks? Although I myself do not use them a hundred times said: I like it - use it for God's sake. The theme of this thread: is it possible to obtain in a single situation (market, TS signals) fundamentally different results. Svetlana thinks it is possible and there is no alternative to lock, I say that netting can always be built ....... Maybe it will be easier to understand.

Good luck.

Mischek:

My own fault, I only understood what you wrote because you have explained it in more detail in other threads before

I don't know, you could have asked a clarifying question or just written "I don't understand! And when I every time, not knowing what I'm writing, with joyful cries of "Here's a fresh locker caught!" rushes gang antiloker and begins to teach arithmetic is somewhat annoying.

Lock is faster. You've both closed and immediately opened it.

That's the difference. Sometimes it's important. Most of the time, it doesn't.

Reason: