Randomness of price values - page 13

Watched the movie, great thriller - Machete. Genre connoisseurs will understand me.

HideYourRichess:
Saw the movie, great thriller, Machete. Genre connoisseurs will understand.

aFtorr is on fire ... chora a cappella...

(emo)

So, 13 pages of writing. And the result? :)

I asked a clear question: if the price is unpredictable, what do bank traders use when they trade on FOREX?

Well, I'll answer it myself:

they don't predict the price. The task of the bank trader is to intervene and thus move the price in an advantageous direction.

What we see on the charts is the result of a continuous struggle between "bulls" and "bears". Each group is trying to move the price in the direction they want at any given time. The bank traders do not really care about the rate and they drive the price along the chart like a football ball on the field.

The question is: how is it possible that the resulting time series is significantly chaotic?

I wonder if this fact can be somehow correlated with the optimal behaviour of an individual player? - This is the point I'm having trouble with, as I'm not very good at game theory.

NorthAlec:

Well, I'll answer that myself:

and they don't predict the price. The job of the bank trader is to make a small intervention and thus move the price in a favourable direction.

What we see on the charts is the result of a continuous struggle between "bulls" and "bears". Each group is trying to move the price in the direction they want at any given time. The bank traders do not really care about the rate and they drive the price along the chart like a football ball on the field.

The question is: how is it possible that the resulting time series is significantly chaotic?

I wonder if this fact can be somehow correlated with the optimal behaviour of an individual player? - This point causes me difficulties, as I'm not particularly good at game theory.

Strong. You have no idea, you haven't read a single article or page on the subject, but you give shit after shit.

As a result of a long night vigil over green tea and cheesecake a question occurred to me.

The body is in need of an urgent amputation. The vigil over green tea and cheesecake had permanently disrupted its functioning.

gip:

Strong. You have no idea, you haven't read a single article or page on the subject, but you spew shit after shit.

The body needs an urgent amputation of the head growth. A vigil over green tea and waffles has permanently disrupted its functioning.

May I ask what you've done to deserve that tone? Have I written anything specifically against you?

NorthAlec:

I asked a specific question: if the price is unpredictable, then what do bank traders rely on when they trade on FOREX?

they don't predict the price. The task of the bank trader is to intervene and thus move the price in an advantageous direction.

What we see on the charts is the result of a continuous struggle between "bulls" and "bears". Each group is trying to move the price in the direction they want at any given time. Bank traders do not really care about the rate and are pushing the price along the charts like a football ball on a field.

***Tongue out, diligently taking notes***

Swetten:
***Tongue out, diligently taking notes***

Ooh. All right. Go cheer up your favorite friend. I'm really afraid he's going to complain about me :)

Leave me alone.

MetaDriver:

No no no... ! You can read the proof in popular form in Heisenberg's book "Part and whole". (Chapter 10: Quantum mechanics and Kant's philosophy.)

There are more sophisticated ones with specific mathematics etc, but I think that's enough. Besides, it could probably be easier to prove. The theory just hasn't been invented yet. ;)

There's no proof. There is a theory. There is supposition:

On the basis of absolute truth and immutability of this hypothesis it is concluded that there are "hidden" variables which cannot be measured and which are not amenable to any laws. Read more https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://eqworld.ipmnet.ru/ru/library/books/Bom1959ru.djvu Chapter III p.5 Denial of causality in the field of atomic phenomena as a consequence of the principle of indeterminism.

Only the theory, and some philosophical interpretation of it. Not supported by all followers of quantum mechanics. Utopianism ;)

NorthAlec:

So, 13 pages of writing. And the result? :)

I asked a clear question: if the price is unpredictable, what do bank traders use when they trade on FOREX?

I wonder if this fact can be somehow correlated with the optimal behaviour of an individual player? - This point causes me difficulties as I'm not strong in game theory.

I've already written to you.... and what's wrong with your head....

Quite the opposite, 100%, the price is not unpredictable, but it has been produced by the majors (banks, market makers) and it moves according to their plan or they do it according to a daily, weekly plan, etc. They do not tell you that. The principle of movement has different algorithms - that exclude regularities - and they are monitored by automatics - mathematical apparatuses - the whole advanced science at their service.

To put it simply, everything is ordered, controlled and not a single point is random.

Reason: