I can't decide... - page 3

sever30:

I don't know a thing about programming, I've never dealt with it before, I have a liberal arts education. I'm afraid to lose time studying MCL. And I'm scared to get into this stuff, but I really want to learn how to implement my own ideas, and when I open some code, I get scared. It's like a phobia of hieroglyphics... I think I can do everything, but not MKL.

Will I be able to master the language? I was stopped half a year ago by one engineer who said that if you've never worked with this, then it's better not to try, he said, you'll get a hard time.

What do you think? What would you advise? What to do?

This is a good thread I came across by accident (nothing is random, I'm trying to learn MQL4 to no avail, that's why I came here). I joined the forum because I don't know how to test an EA. The only thing that said in the Help is for those who already know it! I got a lot of tips, but only one person asked me on Skype and within 5 minutes explained how to test the EA. I downloaded about 1gb of EAs from the net and tested them one by one... Nothing worked for me. I found myself with a problem to learn how to write in MQL4. I read the book, but it's not very clear... it doesn't have what I need... it's not in any book... I need to understand the how and why in order to write what I need... The guys on the forum wanted to create a video course in MQL4...

Once on the Alpari forum (I hope they won't consider it an advertisement) I saw Andrey Vedikhin's MQL4 programming lessons where everything was described in great detail and with simple examples. I think that you should start with some simple Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators. They are ready to be used and one should try to change something in them to one's own taste. The documentation, of course, should be studied at the same time, as it is not so big in contrast to "adult" languages.

Mezon:

It's a good branch by accident (nothing is accidental, I'm trying to learn MQL4, that's why I got here).
I've got nothing good in it. You and I are Forex invalids. I'm a successful trader in real trading, but only with my indicators, that were created according to my ideas. I do not know, I cannot use someone else's, because they are not created by me or according to my motives. I trade, but ideas for improvement or creation of a new one come out like from a barrel, I look, but there are no similar ones in the Internet or kodobase. I wonder what will come out of it. I can`t trade according to my own, previously created, profitable algorithms, because I always think that they are better, but I can`t make them and I`m too tired to ask, while I`m going broke to pay for all of them. Here's the thing...

sever30:

I don't know a thing about programming, I've never dealt with it, I have a liberal arts education.

You shouldn't write like that. I once read in a book (on the "rules of good manners" in programming) that many really good programs were created by humanitarians.

goldtrader:
Once upon a time on the Alpari forum (I hope I'm not being taken as an advertisement) I saw Andrei Vedikhin's MQL4 programming lessons,
He has his own website, his last name is in english dot ru or com, I don't remember...

goldtrader:
Once on the Alpari forum (I hope they won't consider it an advertisement) I saw Andrey Vedikhin's MQL4 programming lessons where everything was described in great detail and with simple examples. I think that you should start with some simple Expert Advisors, scripts and indicators. They are ready to be used and one should try to change something in them to one's own taste. The documentation, of course, should be studied at the same time.

Are there lessons in a form that can be printed out? In an accessible and understandable language for beginners?

sever30:

are there lessons in a form that can be printed out? in accessible and understandable language for green beginners, of course?

Why don't such "lessons" (examples) https://book.mql4.com/ru/appendix/examples suit you? Have you outgrown them? If not, it's a good idea to start with these examples. Why? Because they are available to everyone on the site. It's easy to ask about them in the "newbie" thread. You will not find a better place to learn.

I was reminded of a joke. I won't tell you the whole thing, but it takes place in Hell, and, ezuzhal, three nationalities - so I go straight to the Russians:

- А у этого котла почему никто не дежурит?
- А там русские сидят. Если один вдруг вылезет, осталные его сами назад затащат.

Yeah... It's even cooler here - they recruit from outside! )))
Like it is not so hot and people live everywhere, and there are even some benefits for rheumatism...

===

In fact...))) This is a strange conversation. You're not a lady, are you, sir? You're too fond of being persuaded.))) // You won't be rude? And I won't be hurt?

Svinozavr:

In fact...)) This is a strange conversation. You're not a lady, are you, sir? You're too fond of being persuaded.)) // You won't be rude? And I won't be hurt?

Your recent snivelling and "fi" is more than in keeping with the image of the capricious fraulein.

Your lunge, Herr, is considered an insult, I assume that you, as a more experienced duelist, will grant me the right of first choice of weapon...

Knock it off, girls.
Reason: