MT5&MQL5 in Linux - page 2

MT4 works under wine with no problems (apart from speed degradation, which I have not objectively measured). MT5, on the other hand, doesn't. And the above problem is not the only one.
They don't even need to move the terminal. Many developers simply integrate testing under wine into their code to avoid using undocumented features and deviations from the WinAPI standards, which are more strictly enforced in wine than in the wine itself. And there are also other small nuances.
Once discussing MT4 under wine the developers declared directly that they have no plans (and possibilities) to support Linux. That is why I think there is little sense in writing about MT5 now. We will have to wait until wine will be sharpened for MT5 as well.

I wonder, what is the protocol of MT4-DC system? I've been thinking for a long time to write my own terminal, so that I could code not in MQL4, but in С++ or Delphi. In fact, there is nothing supernatural here. The quotes flow is a block of numeric data - it can be easily processed in any high-level language. The results can be drawn as any graphs or schemes, an order to the server is just a block of coded commands. Receiving a response from the server is a decoding of the same commands by some algorithm.
Get clarity in this matter - you could make a couple of installers for both Windows and Linux, and it would work without any Wine....
Ughhhh, I'd probably jump off the windup forever then....

There is Windows + Meta Trader. Everything else is bliss and toys. Girls play with Mac, techie boys play with Linux. The essence does not change, both are useless trinkets. I tried it myself, I was on FreeBSD for a year.

Uh-huh... Bliss... Toys... )))
Don't you know then why there are no windows based supercomputers in the top500? Probably all the techie boys around except you mister... ;)

C-4 писал(а) >>
There is Windows + Meta Trader. Everything else is bliss and toys. Girls play with Mac, techie boys with linux. The essence does not change, both are useless trinkets. I tried it myself, I was on FreeBSD for a year.

+5 That's very true.

I would agree with you, but for most there is a lot more to life than Windows + Meta Trader. Some have Linux as their primary OS.
That's if for you "computer" = "trader's workplace" only, then yes, deny hacking approaches, use what's prescribed.

Joker >>:
Угу... Блажь... Игрушки... )))
Не знаешь тогда, почему в топ500 суперкомпьютеров нет ни одного на платформе windows? Наверное все кругом мальчики-технари кроме Вас мистер... ;)

The point is that supercomputers require a very modified operating system for a particular supercomputer. Not a single default distribution (including your praised linux) can be installed on a supercomputer. Windows is a closed platform and cannot be easily modified. Windows is also a very complex operating system where many technologies are intertwined. Linux is another matter, just cut 3/4 of its functionality, add some very specific codes and go ahead to play with teraflops.

To be honest, I personally don't see any advantage to using linux instead of any windows server from 2003 onwards.

No, there is one advantage though. The cost of owning linux, on a third-party site will be lower. Again, the operating system itself is free, while server windows is expensive!

C-4 >>:
Хотя нет, одно преимушество все таки есть. Стоимость владения линукс, на стороней площадке будет пониже. Опять таки и сама ось бесплатная, а серверные windows ой какие дорогие!

There's another advantage to having viruses for Penguin, and for windows there are plenty of them to go around.

Reason: