MT5&MQL5 in Linux - page 4

E_mc2 >>:
http://www.iguides.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=3985

http://habrahabr.ru/blogs/linux/59099/

С самого форума Убунты
http://forum.ubuntu.ru/index.php?topic=87123.0

"Не радужная ситуация складывается и с позициями Linux, в мае преодолевшего однопроцентный рубеж в категории операционных систем установленных на клиентских машинах. В феврале доля Linux составила 0.98%, в то время как в январе и декабре Linux занимал 1.02% рынка."

Кстати а что на Гугле забанили что ли??

I don't see the need to search for such things, if you give statistics you should bother to give a link, as long as what you have given is pure trepology. Is there anything other than forums? I know from experience that apple is not inferior to windows in the states, despite the considerable cost.

joo >>:

Статистика ведется по продажам. Линух бесплатен, а значит трудно отследить количество инсталляций. О популярности Linux можно судить по количеству скачиваний дистрибутивов, а это миллионы и миллионы пользователей по всему миру.

К тому же, программу легче продавать для платной же платформы, поэтому так мало качественного платного софта для Linux. Но положение меняется. Крупнейшие разработчики последнее время начинают обращать внимание на бесплатную платформу и выпускать свои продукты и для неё в том числе. Для Метаквотов было бы гигантским преимуществом, помимо всего прочего, выпускать клиента для Linux, или даже хотя бы сотрудничать с такими компаниями как Etersoft

On the one hand I agree and on the other hand I would argue... For linuxoids, or even not specifically linuxoids, but for open source people in general (I can also include freeware etc.) - buying anything is against the very philosophy of open source... Therefore any paid product for open-source is very tightly stretched... That's why you can count them on the fingers, quality ones even less so...
Unlike Windows people who are used to paying for anything and everything... They have a completely different philosophy: if you put something on your computer, you have to pay for it... (I'm not talking about our fellow citizens: ))))) - we have a very different philosophy... you don't have to pay for anything at all... If you pay for a product you have to download it from torrents)... but that's a separate story...

leman >>:

Да, было дело. Закупил Z80 и других деталюшек, платку. Паяльничек включил, осцоллограф опятьже, ну а как без него, и ваяешь Спекрум. Бизнес был сногсшибательны, до середины 1992 года.

It's quite possible that you bought the board and generally the circuitry solution of my design. I had it called the ZX Spectrum 256, as it had 256Kb typed in RU6 on board. (Holy shit! I remember!) Whereas the standard one had 16/64KB. Oh yeah. And the clock speed was overclocked (Z80A required).
Okay. The hell with it - it's a thing of the past...))

joo >>:

Статистика ведется по продажам. Линух бесплатен, а значит трудно отследить количество инсталляций. О популярности Linux можно судить по количеству скачиваний дистрибутивов, а это миллионы и миллионы пользователей по всему миру.

К тому же, программу легче продавать для платной же платформы, поэтому так мало качественного платного софта для Linux. Но положение меняется. Крупнейшие разработчики последнее время начинают обращать внимание на бесплатную платформу и выпускать свои продукты и для неё в том числе. Для Метаквотов было бы гигантским преимуществом, помимо всего прочего, выпускать клиента для Linux, или даже хотя бы сотрудничать с такими компаниями как Etersoft

The popularity of Linux can be judged by the number of downloads of its distributions, and that is millions and millions of users worldwide. --- and what does the number of downloads do? Downloaded, installed, looked at the crap, uninstalled, installed back to Windows. But the counter says the distribution's downloaded. Just because they downloaded it doesn't mean they'll use it all the time.

In addition,the program is easier to sell for a for-pay platform, which is why there is so little quality paid software for Linux --- I strongly disagree. It is easier to sell a program not for a paid operating system but for a popular one. The developers do not care as long as they make money. If linux was as popular as vinda, they would have done everything on linux. Paying for it has nothing to do with it. If Linux is not popular, there is no point in making programs for it. No one will buy it.

But the situation is changing. -- I've been hearing it for about 10 years)) Everything's changing and Linux's share on the market is dropping)) Here's a link above.

It would be ahuge advantage for Metakvot, among other things, to release a client for Linux --- What advantage would that be? Is it for the 1% of the Linux market? You think 1% of Linux is a giant advantage. In my opinion it is not even worthwhile to bother with it for 1% of users as the developers demonstrate. And they're right, they shouldn't waste their resources on trivial things.

lexandros >>:

С одной стороны соглашусь - с другой поспорю... Для линуксоидов, да и даже не конкретно линуксоидов, а вообще опен-сорсников (тудя же можно отнести фряшников и etc.) - покупать что либо - противоречит самой философии опен-сорс... и поэтому любой платный продукт для опен-сорс осей идет с очень большой натяжкой... поэтому то их можно по пальцам сосчитать, а качественных тем-паче...
В отличие от виндовозников, которые привыкли платить за все и вся... и у них в сознании совсем другая философия - если ты что то ставишь на комп - за это надо заплатить... (О наших согражданах не говорю:))))) - у нас совсем другая философия... платить вообще не надо ни за что и никогда... если продукт платный - его надо скачать с торрентов)... но это уже отдельная песня...

Well, what are you arguing with? That's what I'm saying. It is not easy to sell software to the masses, i.e. ordinary users. Corporate clients, on the other hand, prefer stability and reliability. For them, giants like Siemens, PTC, Abaqus, ANSYS, MSC Software, and others have been offering their products for Linux for a long time. Why should they spend money to develop software that costs tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars for a platform that nobody needs?

Svinozavr >>:

Вполне возможно, что вы купили плату и вообще схемотехническое решение моей разработки. Она у меня называлась ZX Spectrum 256, т.к. на борту у нее стояло 256Кб, набираемых на РУ6. (Во блин! Помню!) Тогда как у стандартного было 16/64 Кб. Ах да. И тактовая частота была разогнана (Z80A требовался).
Ладно. Черт с этим - дело прошлое...)))

I've collected a lot of them and probably yours too.
Sometimes it's useful to look back in time to see if I'm doing the right thing now.

Well, there's no need to talk about the corporate segment... It's kind of a different topic... Tell me - what do you think. Do a lot of ordinary "individuals" (individuals). Ordinary traders working from home, but convinced linux addicts, would agree to pay at least 20 quid for MT for linux?

I think few would. .... I don't know if there will be any.

lexandros >>:
Ну про корпоративный сегмент говорить не стоит... Мы вроде немного другую тему затронули... Вот скажите - как по вашему. Многие ли рядовые "физики" (физ.лица). Обычные трейдеры работающие дома, но убежденные линуксятники, будут согласны заплатить хотя бы 20 баксов за МТ for linux?

Я думаю еденицы.... Если таковые вообще найдутся.

I used to buy a licence for MobileTrader, for 35 bucks I think, and I didn't go broke. But it's convenient.

SofTAA >>:

Не вижу потребности искать такие вещи, раз уж приводите статистику то потрудитесь дать ссылку, пока то что вы привели это чисто трепология. Есть что то кроме форумов? По своему опыту знаю что в штатах яблоко не уступает позиции окнам, несмотря на немалую стоимость.

So what's the problem, there are the names of the organisations that did the research. Or do you have to spell it out? Google it and look it up. I've got it all figured out for me. Linux 1% and getting worse and worse... Or is there nothing you can argue with? Or maybe you should get a link to Obama's signature and then everything will be official? There is official data in there. The names of the companies that did the research are there. I believe that data. You don't? Google it and find out what you believe. And what does apple have to do with linux? And what does it have to do with the states if we're talking about the world's share? What's it like with the Chukchi in the far north? Do they have Linux on their laptops??

lexandros >>:
Ну про корпоративный сегмент говорить не стоит... Мы вроде немного другую тему затронули... Вот скажите - как по вашему. Многие ли рядовые "физики" (физ.лица). Обычные трейдеры работающие дома, но убежденные линуксятники, будут согласны заплатить хотя бы 20 баксов за МТ for linux?

Я думаю еденицы.... Если таковые вообще найдутся.

You are an amazing man. I mean, you surprise me. :)

It's easy to make a poll. Traders, if they are really traders, would be willing to pay a lot more for a Linux client.

Reason: