Is the advisor suitable for real life? - page 47

TheXpert:
If it's 90% then we'll have a chat.

I see.

But for some EAs it is irrelevant - modelling over all ticks does not change anything.

Dserg:

Yes, I see.

But for some EAs it's irrelevant - modelling across all ticks doesn't change anything.

So, if it doesn't make a difference, then run it on all ticks and post it.

PapaYozh:

So, if it doesn't change, then run it through all the ticks and post it.

I'm putting up all the ticks. I don't know what the other man posted.

In general, imho, an EA deserves attention when it has some kind of trading idea behind it. Here's my EA on a flip mash trades on trends. The trend is changed when a pullback occurred by a given number of percents (usually 20-30%). That's why it doesn't lose. Either at 4 o'clock or at 15 minutes. It's all the same.

What I have posted is an EA with signals from a regular Parabolic. I've tried other indicators, and the results are worse. The only thing I can say is that the indicator parameters are not even close to the recommended ones. The rest - closing orders by profit and loss is a very progressive idea which I cannot share. The lot is the same all the time. If we increase the lot as the deposit grows, we will get something unreal. You can go crazy with the results.

new-rena:
What I have posted is an EA with signals from a regular Parabolic. I've tried other indicators, and the results are worse. The only thing I can say is that the indicator parameters are not even close to the recommended ones. The rest - closing orders by profit and loss is a very progressive idea which I cannot share. The lot is the same all the time. If we increase the lot as the deposit grows, we will get something unreal. You can go crazy with the results.

If you can go crazy with the result, there is bullshit somewhere. If they don't want to test the Expert Advisor on minutes, that's bullshit too.

paukas:

If the result makes you go crazy, it's definitely bullshit somewhere. If they don't want to test on minutes, neither is it.

Fine.

new-rena:
... The lot is the same all the time. If you increase the lot as the depo grows, you get something unreal there. You can go crazy with the results
Why cheat? You can see on the balance chart that the lot varies.

khorosh:
Why cheat? You can see on the balance chart that the lot is changing.
Well yes, almost... I meant that RM and MM are not prescribed yet ))) Or rather on this chart.

paukas:

If the EA does not want to test on minutes, neither do they.

I don't give a shit about those minutes) You mention them everywhere. It is as easy to get a blown result on them. I can give an absolute test for any period for any instrument, with any percentage of profitable trades, with any MO, etc.

It is much more important how the result is obtained, by whom and for what purpose).

Figar0:

I don't give a shit about these minutes) Everywhere you mention them. It's just as easy to get a bogus result on them.

Hand it out. Here's your assignment.

>1000 trades

Spread >=2 pips.

MO >5 pips.

I'm waiting.

Reason: