Offering the game !!!!! - page 9

KimIV писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
If you drink and can't pee, that's it!
What's that got to do with it? Roche showed simplicity in an original way, not pathology

Roche is supposed to be a physicist, not a biologist. It seems that no one is going to post ideas, simple or complex. At least what was expressed can hardly be called a new idea.

Read Larry Williams, the chapter where an old successful farmer (and trader too) showed him his indicator for trading pork (on the commodities exchange).
It goes like this:"... I put a puck on a string to a piece of pork and wait for it to swing, if it swings lengthwise, I buy it...".
- And if it swings lengthwise, you buy, and the position becomes unprofitable?
"Then I close the trade quickly, so that the loss does not become too big".

Rosh:
Read Larry Williams, the chapter where an old successful farmer (and trader too) showed him his indicator for trading pork (on the commodities exchange).
It goes like this:"... I put a puck on a string to a piece of pork and wait for it to swing, if it swings lengthwise, I buy it...".

This strategy has already been implemented by the Expert Advisor. Two pending buystops & sellstops are placed at any point on either side of the price at distance of 30 pips with equal trailing stops and modification. If the price turns around, when the second order triggers the stop of the first one, etc. It gives a profit.

If you still want to go back to basics, I guess so?:
1. Start with the basics - and at the heart of most indices is market smoothing, starting with the muwings. Hence - you want yours, start by replacing the muwings with something. Any suggestions? like Fourier, Lagrange and other obscure proprietary arithmetic?
2. "All indicators are for self-deception" (that's mine now), but everyone deceives differently. Hence the consequence - only one's own that doesn't smell good will deceive. The community of writing traders is a swan, a crab, a pike, each only in his own horn, while everyone else's ear is treading by a bear. The code should not fill everything in the start, but put it in functions, and everyone who disagrees will use his own functions.
3. The fact that each indicator may lie in its own way is good. As for the Dutchman, many have gone the same way. We take a number of indices and compare their signals.

Hence: you may start with the base (p.1) and then rewrite existing indicators, and only then think about using them. Not a good idea?

Anyone willing to give it a try?

Bookkeeper писал (а):
If there is a desire to go back to the basics after all, then perhaps this?
1. Start with the basics - and at the heart of most indices is market smoothing, starting with the muwings. Hence - you want yours, start by replacing the muwings with something. Any suggestions? like Fourier, Lagrange and other obscure proprietary arithmetic?
2. "All indicators are for self-deception" (that's mine now), but everyone deceives differently. Hence the consequence - only one's own that doesn't smell good will deceive. The code is written by all traders - a swan, a crab, a pike, each one plays his own game, while everyone treads on the others' ears. The solution is simple - not to fill everything in the start, and send it to the functions, and everyone who disagrees will substitute his own functions and get the full value.
3. The fact that each indicator may lie in its own way is good. If we take a number of indices and compare their signals.

Hence: you may try to begin from the base (p.1) and then rewrite existing indicators, and only after that think about using them. Not cool?

Anyone willing to give it a try?
You know, I've tried it and I've been thinking about using them, it's not that simple.

FION:
Rosh:

This strategy has already been implemented by the Expert Advisor. Two pending buystops & sellstops are placed at any point on either side of the price at distance of 30 pips with equal trailing stops and modification. If price changes its direction, when the second order triggers the first stop, etc. It gives profit.
I don't think you could use some index or indicator as a puck string, and you have "either meet or don't meet" :)

FION писал (а):
Bookkeeper wrote (a):
... discord or friend is how one sees it...
Sergei, who said "take everything"? Or did I miss something?
First we look for an overbought/oversold edge (Bollinger, EnVELOP, Channel or something else, by the way, I've stopped looking for the parallel channels), then we look for trends, may be even diverters and dance when everything fits. The result is unpredictable :).

Rosh:
FION wrote (a):
Rosh:

This strategy is already implemented by an EA . I put two pending buystop & sellstop on both sides of the price at any point on distance of about 30 pips with the same trawl on stop and modification. If price changes its direction, when the second order triggers the first stop, etc. It gives a profit.
I don't think you could use some index or indicator as a puck thread, and you have "either meet or don't meet" :)

There's nothing to think about - you have to shake it. Oder is set at the entrance to the flat.

Bookkeeper писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
Bookkeeper wrote (a):
... discord or friend is how one sees it...
Sergei, who said "take everything"? Or did I miss something?
First we look for an overbought/oversold edge (Bollinger, EnVELOP, Channel or something else, by the way, I've stopped looking for parallel channels), then we look for trends, may be even some diverters and dance only when everything is close. The result is unpredictable :).

Andriy, many indicators mirror each other. SHI channel or Price channel are good indicators, but not without disadvantages that should be considered when designing an EA. If SHI shows the expected direction, it is not necessarily the market will follow it. The market may at any moment start an unpredictable slope and this slope should be foreseen and we should take measures to reduce losses. Of course, the whole garden can be put on indices, but the structural quality is of no use.

OK (swan-crab-pike in action :), forget it, does anyone have an idea for an indicator that shows when NOT to enter the market? or at least when not to go up (or down)? the simplest one is Fan, but what else?
Reason: