Trend of interesting thoughts - page 14

ChachaGames >>:

Я вообще не догнал зачем в рынке сутками сидеть, раз есть такие хорошие сигналы на разворот... по идее увидел сигнал - купил, увидел другой -продал... или без этого высиживания не работает система?

Profit/loss can only be made when a position is open. When there is a signal for a downwards reversal, for example, we open a down position. Then time passes, the price and the picture "on the left" changes and there is a signal for an upwards reversal. Here we must reverse - close the old position and open a new one to the other side / open a double position to the other side and close the overlap. And we're back in position again. It turns out that we are always in the market - there is no getting away from it, if you want to have a simplified trading model :)

gilby >>:

какое запаздывание у ваших сигналов?

It is more correct to ask "how much of the movement can be taken?". Because there is no lag. To answer my own version of the question: it varies, it depends on the "picture". The main mass is about half of the movement.

Magnatis >>:

Я уже писал, что использую принцип, который адекватные развороты совершает даже на случайном блуждании. Сам работаю только на евро/долларе.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood, but you are analysing past data for reversal, aren't you?

Magnatis писал(а) >>

It is more correct to ask "how much of the movement can be taken?". Because there is no lag. To answer my own version of the question: it varies, it depends on the "picture". The bulk is about half of the movement.

Can you tell me the average profit in pips from the pivot to the pivot?

Magnatis >>:

Прибыль/убыток можно получить только при открытой позиции. Когда есть сигнал к развороту вниз, к примеру, мы открываем позицию вниз. Далее проходит время, цена и картинка "слева" меняется и появляется сигнал к развороту вверх. Тут мы должны развернуться – закрыть старую и открыть новую в другую сторону / открыть двойную в другую сторону, закрыть возникшее перекрытие. И мы снова в позиции. Выходит, что всё время в рынке – от этого не уйти, если хочется иметь упрощённую модель торговли :)

Pretty simple and concise, there's something about it...

benik >>:

Извините, может неправильно понял, но Вы ведь для разворота анализируете прошлые данные?

Yes. Without past data, it is only 2 prices (Ask and Bid). Of course, the trend is determined by a small piece of history :)

benik >>:

Извините, может неправильно понял, но Вы ведь для разворота анализируете прошлые данные?

And why? when you can bluntly redeem the minus, NOT with a big bet, but with SEVERAL small ones! Think about it!

Doubling up is NOT necessary otherwise it will lead to a big risk as we will again be playing with probability according to its rules.

khorosh >>:

Среднюю прибыль в пунктах от разворота до разворота можете сказать?

I can. I already said that when I answered about the magnitude of the movement being picked up. If the movement (from high to low) is 150 pips and the system took 63%, then 95 pips went to profit.

voleg2 >>:

А зачем? если тупо можно погасить минус, НЕ большой ставкой, а НЕСКОЛЬКИМИ малыми! Задумайтесь!

Удваивать НЕ нужно иначе это приведет к большому риску т.к. мы опять будем играть с вероятность по ее правилам.

By the way, I don't understand your point now. What minus are we talking about?

Magnatis >>:

Да. Без прошлых данных – это только 2 цены (Ask и Bid). Разумеется, тенденция определяется по небольшому кусочку истории :)

The point is that it is impossible to create any adequate strategy to play on a one-dimensional random walk chart if it (the strategy) is based on an analysis of the outcomes of past trials.

So one of two things: either you are severely deluded about the prospects of your strategy, or you have actually found and use something that distinguishes real price from martingale. If it's the second case, congratulations, but something tells me it's the first. :)

Reason: