Trend of interesting thoughts

In the process of off-topic discussion of some questions about trading systems started in this thread, which some have expressed a desire to continue in a special thread. I suggest that anyone interested should discuss trading patterns here :)

Perhaps the author could indicate a vector for the search?

So you're suggesting offtopic here as well)))

Grand >>:
Может автор обозначит вектор поиска?

So that when someone with an unconventional view of FX shows up again, they can kick them out with brooms and shout "this is offtopic!" ?

;)

I can only give my opinion (proven by practice) as to which trading model is the most effective.

First, I think the idea that most of the time you should "sit on the fence" and only occasionally enter the market is wrong. If we have two states in our trading model: "in the market" and "out of the market", then at any given time we have 2 options: wait or act. And there are 3 types of trading activity (actions): enter to buy, enter to sell and exit. Whether we enter or leave depends on whether we're in the market or not. It's a complicated and clumsy model. If we work by the model "always in the market", then at any time we have only 2 options: wait or act. And the action is only 1 - a reversal (we can add a strengthening of positions without complications, but we can do without it). This is the simplest trading model. No, there is an even simpler one: always out of the market :) But this is not a trading model :).

Second, all methods of money management that supposedly can make even a losing system profitable, are potentially dangerous, because they often severely violate the symmetry of profitability / risk in the negative direction.

And then... I'd rather read the questions that arise.

Techno >>:
тоесть оффтопик предлогаешь и здесь устроить)))

Off-topic in an off-topic thread ceases to be off-topic :)

PapaYozh >>:

Что б потом, когда вновь появится кто-то с нестандартным взглядом на FX, выгнать его мётлами и криками "это оффтопик!" ?

;)

Why? It's the "out of the box" people are welcome to come here :)

Magnatis >>:

Могу лишь высказать своё мнение (проверенное практикой) относительно того, какая торговая модель является наиболее эффективной.

Во-первых, идею о том, что большую часть времени нужно "сидеть на заборе" и лишь изредка входить в рынок, считаю неверной. Если в нашей торговой модели есть 2 состояния: "в рынке" и "вне рынка", то в любой момент времени у нас 2 варианта: ожидать, либо действовать. Причем, торговая активность (действия) имеет 3 типа: входить в покупку, входить в продажу и выходить. Входить или выходить зависит от того, в рынке ли мы. Получается сложная и неуклюжая модель. Если же мы работаем по модели "всегда в рынке", то в любой момент у нас есть лишь 2 варианта: ожидать, либо действовать. А действие только 1 – разворот (можно без усложнения добавить усиления позиций, но можно и обойтись). Это наиболее простая торговая модель. Нет, есть ещё проще: всегда вне рынка :) Но это уже не торговая модель :)

Во-вторых, всякие методы управления капиталом, которые, якобы, способны сделать прибыльной даже убыточную систему, являются потенциально опасными, потому что зачастую сильно нарушают симметрию доходность/риск в отрицательную сторону.

Ну а дальше... Лучше почитаю возникающие вопросы.

In essence, a reversal is an entry into a new position opposite to the previous one. Then it turns out that the system balances out over time. After all, the first trade it will open is not necessarily the right one.

Grand >>:
По сути разворот это и есть вход в новую позицию противоположную предыдущей. Тогда получается что система уравновешивается со временем. Ведь первую сделку она откроет не факт что верно.

Yes, a reversal is a change of direction. It's important to make reversals in the phase of a change in price direction, not in the counter-phase :) I did not understand your last sentence. Can you explain what you meant by it?

It just referred to when the system started. It's kind of like a pendulum. So, the first trade can be added to the system at random, and then use it as a reference point to wait for the moment for reversal.

Call the topic "Trend of interesting thoughts". :)
Reason: