Thoughts on some of the absurdity of multi-currency analysis. - page 4

BLACK_BOX >>:

Пусть D есть валюта вашего депозита. Ваше торговое плечо равно 1:1.

Почему нет, практически, ни какой выгоды если вы купили растущую пару X/Y, если при этом растет пара D/Y ?

By buying X/Y you have become the owner of:

• X/Y amount of currency X
  • -1 amount of currency Y

If the D/Y pair increases, the negative amount of currency D through Y decreases. The positive amount of currency D through X depends on the exchange rate of X/D

MetaDriver >>:

Это показывает только, что существует единая валюта для пересчётов. Но не означает её причинной "влиятельности".

// Американцы могут гордиться, если хотят. Но выгоды с этого им никакой нету.

The benefit is precisely the high liquidity of their currency, i.e. minimising the cost of international transactions, plus a virtually unlimited current reserve.

BLACK_BOX >>:

Выгода как раз таки есть, это высокая ликвидность их валюты, т.е. минимизация издержек при международных трансакциях, плюс практически безлимитный текущий резерв.

Well, I agree with that. :) I was referring to the 'trader's' benefit. From fluctuations in other currencies relative to 'their' currency.

MetaDriver >>:

Это показывает только, что существует единая валюта для пересчётов. Но не означает её причинной "влиятельности".

In order to exchange EUR to GBP, USD must be involved.

The exchange of EUR to USD NEVER involves any other currency.

By definition EURGBP = EURUSD / GBPUSD. Mathematically you can manipulate pairs in this expression, but the primary is the way it is written.

It is for this reason in particular that real cross spreads are always wider than major spreads. We are not talking about the spreads that are shown even on the interbank, but the real spreads with which trades are executed. And accordingly, synthetic major spreads (from crosses) are always wider than real major spreads.

getch >>:

Для того, чтобы обменять EUR на GBP необходимо участие USD.

При обмене же EUR на USD НИКОГДА никакая другая валюта не принимает участие.

По определению EURGBP = EURUSD / GBPUSD. Математически в этом выражении можно манипулировать парами, но первично то, как написал.

Именно по этой причине, в частности, реальные спреды кроссов всегда шире спредов мажоров. Речь идет не о спредах, которые показываются даже на межбанке, а о реальных спредах, с которыми осуществляются сделки. И, соответственно, спреды синтетических мажоров (из кроссов) всегда шире спредов реальных мажоров.

I agree here that cross spreads are dependent on major spreads. Spreads. But not noticeable movements.

MetaDriver >>:

Я согласен здесь с тем, что спреды кроссов зависимы от спредов мажоров. Спреды. Но не заметные движения.

I don't understand you.

getch >>:

Не понимаю вас.

I mean that in multicurrency trading you have to take into account the difference in spreads, but it does not affect the prediction of large movements.

I.e. in principle any basis is good for multicurrency analysis. But in transactions this means that spread losses must be considered, which probably makes the "dollar" basis more convenient than others, because it is used to calculate interbank spreads.

// Probably your reasoning will reduce the excitement on the forum around "spread trading". But I don't suffer from this bullshit, so the topic you raised probably doesn't excite me.

I stated my thoughts on some of the absurdity of multi-currency analysis in the first post. The rest is a consequence of the reactions of the opponents of the discussion.

getch >>:
Высказал свои мысли о некоторой абсурдности мультивалютного анализа в первом посте. Остальное - следствие реакции оппонентов обсуждения.

I (it seems to me) understood your first post 100%. But. In order to see the NEARness of multi-currency analysis, one has to allow for technical patterns in the movement of indices themselves (not pairs). I can't "prove" them, and I won't. Just trying to explain to you what the logic can be here.

At this point I see no weakness in the logic of the reasoning I cited in the first post. The absurdity of multi-currency analysis seems absurd at first glance.

There is an opinion that the ideal strategy must be multi-currency, or rather in the logic of its decisions must be dependent on several currency pairs at once.

And this is not a case of an arbitrage strategy.

Reason: