[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 420

drknn:

Anyway, give me the right answer? !!!!
I thought he said flies don't fly.)

sanyooooook:
I thought he said the flies wouldn't fly.)

Let's try elephants - they have more mass - so they have a chance to fly too :)))))))

drknn:

Let's try elephants - they have more mass, so they have more chance to fly too :)))))))
)))), one and a half kilograms of elephants ))

sanyooooook: I thought he said the flies wouldn't fly.)
If the flies vibrate the flask "in a certain way", it might fly. But, this is only theoretically possible (flies are not capable of it) and only in air or other medium (it will not fly in space). This uses the non-linearity associated with the viscosity of the medium.

Russian scientists have almost solved this problem http://www.amic.ru/news/119104/

Richie:
If the flies vibrate the flask "in a certain way", it could fly. But, this is only theoretically possible (flies are not capable of it) and only in air or other medium (it will not fly in space). Nonlinearity related to viscosity of the medium is used here.
Well then, I have my peace of mind for you, Richie. You have the grail.

Mathemat:
Well then, I have no worries for you, Richie. You have the grail.

Well, I guess... we'd like to feel the Grail, too.

Richie:
If the flies vibrate the flask "in a certain way", it could fly. But, this is only theoretically possible (flies are not capable of it) and only in air or other medium (it will not fly in space). This uses the non-linearity associated with the viscosity of the medium.
By the way, since the system does not lose energy to the outside, the flask must also heat up over time - the energy emitted by the flies cannot disappear into nothing!

Mathemat: Well, then I have no worries for you, Richie. You have the grail.

Alas, Alexei. "Media viscosity" doesn't work much, the efficiency is low. By analogy, it's the rate of price change - the topic is "trampled up and down".

alsu:
By the way, since by the condition of the problem the system does not lose energy at all, the flask must also heat up with time - the energy released by flies cannot disappear into nothing!
The flask at a "certain" oscillation will lose energy to interact with the medium.

Richie:

Alas, Alexei. "Media viscosity" doesn't work much, the efficiency is low. By analogy, it is the rate of price change - a topic that has been "tramped up and down".

The bulb at a "certain" oscillation will lose energy to interact with the medium.
In this case, if the bottom of the flask is painted black and the lid white, you get a working photon engine - according to Kirchhoff's law, the bottom will radiate stronger and the difference of light pressures will create thrust in the right direction. The flask will fly even in space.
Reason: