[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 620

MikeM: Add oohs and ahhs to the TV problem and it too becomes unsolvable. (And also the stupidity of the answers.)
What are you trying to do? Solve the TV problem as it is.

About the telly is simple! Ask a question in which the (possible) lie is compensated for. That is, if the defendant is lying, then let him lie twice.

MikeM: Ask a question in which the (possible) lie is compensated for. That is, if the defendant is lying, let him lie twice.
Come on, don't stall, I'm thirsty for a beer.

For example: What would you answer if someone asked you if you have a colour TV?
Note: The question must be correctly understood and the answer must be clear, not oooh or yooh. A dumb mute will not solve the problem.

MikeM: Note: the question must be correctly understood and the answer must be clear, not oooh or wooh. A silly mute will not solve the problem.

What's a silly mute got to do with solving a problem about a telly!

Is it in the problem statement? No. Why redo it?

The question is complex and needs to be understood correctly. And what we are told must be understood unambiguously. In the TV problem, this is doable. Not in the Guardian problem.

These problems are very different in terms of their conditions. And in terms of solvability.

MikeM: In the TV problem, it is doable.

You haven't even solved the TV problem yet...

"What would you say if someone asked you if you had a colour TV?" is wrong.

Mathemat:
How have you not solved it? The answer to my question will be the answer to the question about having a TV!

Mathemat:

"What would you say if someone asked you if you had a colour TV?" is wrong.

Arguments, please.

MikeM: How has it not been decided? The answer to my question is the answer to the question about having a TV!

It won't. Check all four options yourself.

The answer is correct, sorry.

Reason: