[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 605

Actually, the problem is a difficulty 4 for a reason. Only 5 is higher than that. It's true that there are "A's" that require almost no effort, and there are "F's" that take a long time to fuck around with. So you have to think about it.

And Yura is right to point out that with equal points MM loses.

One more problem, almost broke my brain on it (I think I solved it correctly). The weight of the problem is 4:

Cut the circle into several equal (matching when overlapping) parts so that the centre of the circle does not lie on the border of at least one of them.

Mathemat:

drknn, this is for you, you love these:

Silent Guardian

You are standing at a fork in the road, one of the roads leads to the house (but you don't know which one). Fortunately, there is a sentinel at the fork, who is either a truth teller or a liar. Unfortunately, the guard is mute, but fortunately not deaf :-)) and understands you. The guard, when saying "yes" and "no", pronounces them as "woo" and "yoo", but which one means "yes" and which one means "no" is unknown. He cannot pronounce any other sounds and, besides, he is unable to make a gesture in the right direction (perhaps he is armless as well :-)). On top of that, he's also stupid: he can't understand longer questions over 15 words. What question to ask the guardian to find out which road will lead you to your home? You can only ask one question, and only one that the guard can answer.

If we look at the problem from the perspective of computer science, I think the conditions are too stringent. The minimum quantum of information is one bit, or the states "yyyy" to "yoo". Since we do not know what each of these states means, and there is only one question, we cannot get the minimum amount of information from it, and therefore we cannot know the right answer.

C-4:
If we consider the problem from the point of view of computer science, the conditions are too strict. Minimal quantum of information is one bit, or the state "yyyy" - "yoo". Since we do not know what each of these states means, and there is only one question, we cannot get the minimum amount of information from it, and therefore we cannot know the right answer.

The task is credited to at least a hundred participants. Are all the moderators wrong? Here's an easier one (weight 3):

There are liars who always lie and truth-tellers who always tell the truth. How can Megamozg find out in one question whether the city's inhabitants have a colour TV?

Mathemat:

The task is credited to at least a hundred participants. Are all the moderators wrong? Here's an easier one (weight 3):

There are liars who always lie and truth-tellers who always tell the truth. How does Megabrain find out in one question whether a city dweller has a colour TV?

(What would the liar say if I asked him "does the town's inhabitant have a colour television"?

C-4: ... and there is only one question, we will not be able to get the minimum amount of information from it and therefore know the right answer.
Try to put several statements into one question, the result of one of which you know ))

moskitman: (What would the liar say if I asked him "does the resident have a colour television"?

Analyse. If there is a liar in front of us and the resident has a telly, the answer is no, because the liar knows that the liar will lie.

If the liar, and the TV is there, then the liar knows that the liar must answer "no" - and so the answer is "yes".

It doesn't.

Mathemat:

Analyse. If there is a liar in front of us and the resident has a telly, the answer is no, because the liar knows that the liar will lie.

If the liar, and the TV is there, then he knows that the liar must answer "no" - so the answer is "yes".

It doesn't work.

So you have to ask, like.

"Got a TV? What if I do?"

:)

:)

I have a more complicated question, but it hasn't been dealt with yet.

Mathemat:

If the liar, and the TV is there, then he knows that the liar must answer "no" - so he answers "yes".

It doesn't work out.

all that's left is to get him to ask a definitely different person from himself. it's a matter of technique.

moskitman: It's a matter of technique.

Of course, it's a matter of technique. Pay Megamind a little money and he'll come up with an idea.

Or come to him with a nabrush thermoanalyser (iron).

Reason: