Classical analysis 'doesn't work'? - page 37

I can't help but keep the following on the forum:
Mr. AlanGreenspan, Chairman of the Fed (formerly), stated literally the following in a speech on March 2, 2004 at the Economic Club of New York:
"Nevertheless, despite the extensive efforts of analysts, there is no model, as far as I know, that predicts the direction of exchange rate movements substantially better than can be done by flipping a coin. I know of thousands of people trying to predict and some are quite successful. So do the winners of beagle-playing contests. The apparent ability of some banking organisations to make sustained profits from foreign exchange trading probably comes not from their penetration of future exchange rates, but from market making."

Source: "Alan Greenspan doesn't believe in the predictability of currency movements"

Demi, why are you getting so angry? On any forum, there are people who do not like each other.
Tell me, by what system do you trade and what are your successes?
p.s. In general, what the hell was Greenspan doing as chairman with these views?
So he was asked...out.

how do you talk about your progress?
a graph?
a transaction report?

Demi >>:

Не могу не сохранить на форуме следющее:
Председатель ФРС (бывший) господин Алан Гринспен (Alan Greenspan), высказал буквально следующее в выступлении 2-го марта 2004 года в Экономическом клубе Нью-Йорка:
"Тем не менее, несмотря на экстенсивные усилия аналитиков, нет ни одной модели, насколько я знаю, которая предсказывала бы направление движений обменных курсов существенно лучше, чем это можно сделать путем подбрасывания монеты. Я знаю о тысячах людей, которые пытаются предсказать, и некоторые вполне достигают успеха. Как и победители конкурсов по игре в орлянку. Видимая способность некоторых банковских организаций получать устойчивую прибыль от торговли на валютном рынке происходит, по всей вероятности, не из их проникновения в будущие валютные курсы, а благодаря маркет-мейкингу."

Источник: "Алан Гринспен не верит в предсказуемость движений валютных курсов"

Yeah, and no one understands(well no one at all), wast das insider information from the big players, and spit on the official foundation, and TA - well so...Comrade Greenspan seems a bit...over the top, to say the least.

What I'm going to write now is probably flooding, so don't beat yourself up;-) An instrument is nothing more than an INSTRUMENT. A decision-maker (a trader, a robot, a neuron, fuzzy logic) receives some signals (for example, from TA of turkeys or a special combination of secreted hormones, or... In short, from some receptors) and processes the received information in its information-probabilistic perception network.The degree of information processing completeness and its adequate application depends on the rules of use (more simply, restrictions imposed by the external environment).

(Mm-hmm. Tell me more about Mara's knowledge. )))
Well, you strange people. Get it through your heads that illusions are your assumptions when you consider turkeys. And this applies to any analytical prediction. Be it in medicine, be it in engineering, be it anywhere. For example, by looking at the speedometer, you can estimate when you will get there. But if you don't get there - road blocked, out of petrol... whatever - you wouldn't blame it, would you? That's right, because the speedometer is not there to guarantee you arrive at your destination on time, it's just showing you the speed at the moment.
So why the fuck are you asking the TA to guarantee you a profit? It shows exactly what is happening at the current moment. So does the speedometer, so the inductor suggests that if the price rises as it is now, in an hour it will be so-and-so. But the speedometer, if it does not work out, you do not call it by the last words, while TA is a matter of opinion. It's crazy with you.
Once again, TA is an analysis of the current market context. Do you even understand the meaning of the word "analysis"? Everything else is your, as you said, illusions. The TA, speedometer, thermometer, caliper are not to blame for anything - they are all just analytical tools. And what you will then do with the obtained analytical data depends on you, your experience and competence.
Have you ever wondered why there is a division between indicators and Expert Advisors? Well, precisely because they are DIFFERENT things.
Stop being so stupid - use your head))).

Demi >>:
штрейхбрехер.....

Suspicious surname....

paukas >>:

Подозрительная фамилия....

Suspicious suspicion...
Reason: