Indicators: Volume Divergence Markers (VDM)

Volume Divergence Markers (VDM):

Flat indicator showing potential entry points.

This indicator places a marker on a chart, based on a divergence between trade volumes and bar sizes, i.e., if bar size has been decreasing/increasing for N continuous bars and volume has been doing the opposite, a marker will be placed.

Flat indicator showing potential entry points.

Author: Vitaliy Samara

Hi,

Samaara,

I really appreciate this indicator. I have experienced, trades like....no sooner I enter the trade, within seconds it goes against me. Fair enough, continious trades like this of 3 or 4 will wipe the account in trading stock futures.

Because the LOT size is very big. For example, in India there is a scrip HINDALCO- it has 2000 shares in one single lot.

Had I viewed this plotted work on my chart, I would not have entered the trade. please see the screenshot.

Files:
samaara.png  130 kb

Great indicator!

I love it!

I'm currently developing indicators based on VWMA... Any indicator with volume input is of interest to me.

Yours is so simple and elegant!

Thanks

Schmurex

Hello Samara, found it very good that your indicator, simple but totally effective. You could provide the lines also please.

Grateful

Alex Andrade

AlexAndrade:

Hello Samara, found it very good that your indicator, simple but totally effective. You could provide the lines also please.

Grateful

Alex Andrade

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

I have implemented the lines. The code is being reviewed my moderators atm. I hope they will update my original post, instead of creating a new one.

Regards

Vitaliy Samara 

Hai Samara,

Very useful indicator. Can you add pop-up alert every time the dot appears?

Thank you,

Regards,

Ruzani