CAppDialog Problems

Hi,

I am having huge problems with CAppDialog, where I just can't seem to get it to work consistently. I have a number of indicators that use CAppDialog for their interface and lets just day they are misbehaving. 

I can only conclude that this is happening because:

a) its me and my lack of understanding on how this control should be implemented 

b) CAppDialog is a little bit buggy and not fully implemented  

My experience tells me that it more than likely my lack of understanding, but equally when searching for help on this there does not seem to be that much information out there, which makes me wonder if there is a problem with it.

Does anyone have experience with this control who can help a hand.

Kind regards

Dan. 

Hi Dan

What's the problem you're having exactly? 

Filter:
Hi Dan

What's the problem you're having exactly? 

Well, I just seem to be fighting the control all the time. Here is a brief list:

1. I have multiple indicators using different app dialog with each using the Save and Load for their own ini file, but when loading (eg from switching time frame) they are loaded on top of one another. Its like they are reading the same ini file, or at least getting the same data somehow.
  2. Sometimes the separate indicator panels re size, copying the dimensions of a previous one, thus making it not fit the controls in them
  3. The actual Dialogs  and its controls have a strange "z" order, making very odd interactions with other CAppDialogs
  4. Seem to close, even though the close button is not clicked.
  5. Had to add extra code to CAppDialog when applying templates otherwise a second "false" panel will draw on the screen that is non usable

As I said, strange behaviors and it could be my coding, but maybe the panel itself. I am wondering whether to ditch it and try writing my own interface, but that sounds like a task in itself.

Regards

Dan. 

Files:
ResizeIssue.PNG  13 kb
ZOrder.PNG  17 kb
Reason: