The Bank of England has bought a number (molillion-billion, etc.) of pounds from the Swiss bank for francs. How will the exchange rate change, why? - page 2

KONDOR >> :

I gave the example of India.

I hinted that buying/selling one currency for another does not change their exchange rate. (just shhhhhhhh, not to anyone!)

KONDOR >> :

So what is the deal with gold? is it a channel fluctuation, a big flat? why and in which direction?

I told you about currencies. What does gold have to do with it?

Gold is a material commodity. Money is just a fantasy in our heads. When people start to think that their fantasy is just a fantasy, they start hoarding gold. And gold is a limited amount, you can't print all the gold you want as money.

The exchange rate is not determined by buying/selling one for the other. The exchange rate only depends on the economic situation of the countries. So do cataclysms and wars.

KONDOR писал(а) >>

not necessarily gold.

you can look at any other pair as well.

If you can analyse the situation, because gold has risen

Read my post above. Now the economic crisis, trust in currencies is falling, hence the desire to invest in something tangible, such as gold. Hence its growth.

joo >> :

I told you about currencies. What does gold have to do with it?

Gold is a material commodity. Money is just a fantasy in our heads. When people start to think that their fantasy is just a fantasy, they start hoarding gold. And there is a limited amount of gold, you can't print as much as you want as money.

>> it can be mined, washed, etc., i.e. the total mass will increase, respectively, when the mass increases the value decreases, the same happens with oil, when production decreases the value increases and vice versa

sanyooooook >> :

It can be dug out, washed in, etc., i.e. the total mass will increase, respectively, when the mass increases the value decreases, the same happens with oil, when production decreases the value increases and vice versa.

The world's gold reserves are dwindling every year. Soon it will not be possible to "dig it up, wash it, etc.".

joo >> :

The world's gold reserves are dwindling every year. Soon it won't be possible to "dig it up, wash it, etc."

Everyone is feeling it, that's why gold is going up. That's what I said world reserves are shrinking, gold price is rising.

joo >> :

what to do about it:

Where then does the statement that one currency is bought, the other is sold?

a subjective conclusion? not to take the economies of countries into account.

sanyooooook >> :

everyone is feeling it, that's why gold is going up. That's what I said world stocks are shrinking, gold price is rising.

Well, that's what I'm saying. And the author of the thread claims that the price of gold is determined by buying/selling it.

sanyooooook >> :

Everyone is feeling it, which is why gold is going up. That's what I said world reserves are shrinking, gold price is rising.

Gold is in my view a rather unpromising asset. As the energy industry develops, mining as well as synthesising gold will become more than affordable.

KONDOR >> :

and what to do about it:

where does the statement that one currency is bought and another is sold come from then?

a subjective conclusion?

It is simply a notation of a currency purchase/sale transaction. When you buy EUR for USD, you then have to perform the reverse transaction - buy USD for EUR. These transactions are EQUAL as they cannot be separate from each other.

Reason: