decompilation protection - page 6

For information on the protections and new features of MetaTrader 5:

1. new, more sophisticated optimising compiler
  2. new encryption methods
  3. code compiled to natively x86 with SSE before execution
  4. Possibility to additionally protect your ex5 by recompiling it into native code at mql5.com (for a small fee). ex5 supports the format of the native code signed with our digital keys.
  5. Ability to subscribe to the signals from the mql5.com website (a remote Expert Advisor trades and broadcasts its signals to the website, while others subscribe to the signals)
  6. Opportunity to broadcast any signals from mql5.com, keep the database of subscribers, record finances and statistics
  7. And much more (will be published when ready)
The code optimizer is disabled at the moment. After enabling it the execution speed will be increased several times from its current state.

age_nt >> :

Is it possible to protect against decompilation??? By means of a deliberate code error...?

or does it still break?

If a truly worthwhile product is created, you should make money from it, not sell it. And if there is a desire to sell, it means there is no confidence in the product created. And there is nothing to fill your head and people's heads with all that crap with protection! Any protection is an excuse to break it.

Protection, but not against decompilation.

I was looking through my old draft EAs (not yet for MT) and caught myself thinking that without knowing the input parameter settings, it is impossible to use them. It's even so: these EAs are initial versions with a bunch of parameters that were later discarded, but they nevertheless dramatically change the EA's behavior due to the logic tied to them (also later discarded). Even optimisation in some cases does not help to find the right combination, because of the multitude of seemingly satisfying settings.

I.e. the idea is to use input parameters as a kind of password, which, in turn, will be bound to a client. And the logic (and I had it when I wrote it - I wasn't making a zacita at the time!), tied to them should be hmm... logical. )))

Number of parameters must be sufficient to make optimization difficult, and the logic of their use did not give a) a reliable optimization result and b) the possibility to apply the gen.algorithm.

===

Don't knock on my head too much - this idea occurred to me a minute ago. Maybe it is nonsense. Maybe someone has thoughts in this or any other direction.

Svinozavr >> :

Protection, but not against decompilation.

===

Don't knock on my head too much - this idea came to mind a minute ago. Maybe it's nonsense. Maybe someone has thoughts in this or any other direction.

Protection against lazy freeloaders. You give the client the correct parameters to the Expert Advisor, and he can already share with others.

The idea of protection is non-interference in executable code. We are waiting for the 5.

Renat >> :

For information on the protections and new features of MetaTrader 5:

1. new, more sophisticated optimising compiler
  2. new encryption methods
  3. code compiled to natively x86 with SSE before execution
  4. Possibility to additionally protect your ex5 by recompiling it into native code at mql5.com (for a small fee). ex5 supports the format of the native code signed with our digital keys.
  5. The possibility of subscription to the signals from mql5.com (a remote Expert Advisor trades and broadcasts its signals to the website, while others subscribe to the signals)
  6. Ability to broadcast any signals from mql5.com, maintain a database of subscribers, keep track of finances and statistics.
  7. and much more (will be published when ready)
The code optimizer is disabled at the moment, once enabled, the execution speed will still increase many times over from the current state.

This is all good, but the new encryption algorithms will be of little use unless you virtualize the Terminal 5 itself.

lseder >> :

Protection against lazy freeloaders. You will give the client the right parameters for the expert, and he can already share with others.

If he can't, I will quote my own post:

I.e. the idea is to use the input parameters as a kind of password, which in turn will be linked to the client.

Svinozavr >> :

Can't - I'll quote my own post:

In a decompiled EA, any function can be changed.

How or with what to generate code bound to the client machine ?

lseder >> :

You can change any function in the decompiled Expert Advisor.

You can. All of them. And what? You know, if the trading logic is followed for all the functions, which one should I change? I looked at the drafts, I didn't understand it until I looked at the rough drafts. But I wrote it myself.

How or what to generate code tied to the client machine?

This is a different question, and it is solvable. Why no modifiability? You may change the whole code at will. What's the point?

===

Sorry, of course, for my repetitions, but they are caused by the fact that you - such an impression - have not read my first post with all the words in it.

You can. Anything. So? You know, if the trading logic is followed for all the functions, which one should I change? I looked at the drafts, I didn't understand it until I looked at the rough drafts. You wrote it yourself.

---

Usually nobody touches the logic. Just restore the original settings, remove all calls of IsDemo, and similar functions.

If the entire Expert Advisor is in the code, without external dlls, then there is no protection.

If we are talking about an Expert Advisor with a dll, then the case is different.

lseder >> :

You can. Anything. So? You know, if the trading logic is followed for all the functions, which one should I change? I looked at the drafts, I didn't understand it until I looked at the rough drafts. You wrote it yourself.

---

Usually nobody touches the logic. Just restore the original settings, remove all calls of IsDemo, and similar functions.

If the entire Expert Advisor is in the code, without external dlls, then there is no protection.

If we are talking about an Expert Advisor with a .dll, then the matter is different.

I cannot add anything. I have the feeling that you are not replying to me. All the considerations are in the first post.

In short, we are talking about ALL different things.

Reason: