"The 'perfect' trading system - page 10

Mathemat >> :

If you do not take advantage of this great opportunity and continue to drain PAMM funds, while convincing others that your system (the one now on PAMM) is almost perfect, then you probably have something akin to a cancer brain.

I'm just trying to understand the motives behind your... uh... to put it mildly, not a very intelligent argument.

When you run out of arguments, of course you have to turn to insults :)

Once again, "profit is nothing - stability is everything".

Think at your leisure why this is the case and not otherwise - so far, you're just not ready for a discussion on the subject of "stability".

VictorArt >> :

When you run out of arguments, of course you have to turn to insults :)

Think at your leisure why this is the case and not the other way round - so far, you are simply not ready for a discussion on the subject of "stability".

For your information, the first parameter I look at in the system is stability. The notion of profitability without stability is meaningless, because we do not live forever.

But investors, and other adequate people, are built in such a way that stability alone is clearly not enough for them. They almost always need profitability as well, at least in a small way. Stability is definitely a negative factor for them.

Your "profit is nothing - stability is everything" argument only makes sense in a certain context, not just by itself. The context here is: "a system making +10% per month but consistently without significant drawdowns is better than a system making +100% per month but extremely irregular and with large drawdowns". Your system, on the other hand, is making negative returns per month. Context is lost.

VictorArt писал(а) >>

Explain to me, what is the stability of your EA based on? Is it based on changing trade directions (is there any dependence between them?) or is it based on a constant exceeding of sl over tp? Does it have some kind of adaptability towards increasing drawdowns and decreasing profits (also over the "adaptation period")... Why reduce tp after a profitable trade? I've read the patents you've mentioned in your description (the patents are good of course (I've been doing TRIZ for 5 years myself), but to be honest I don't really understand how they helped in this case to develop the Expert Advisor).

The good thing about Forex is that you can turn everything upside down and say that this is how it should be, and that everyone is a sucker. Which is basically what happens here....))))

LeoV >> :
>>What good is Forex (it's like showbiz by the way) - you can turn everything upside down and say that it's supposed to be like that, and that everyone is a sucker. Which is basically what happens here....))))

You are mistaken it's not Forex but the Forum allows, Forex will expose such philosophising in 5 seconds.

Forex is the business game in its purest form, you have the brains to make a profit, you just sit tight.

It's just that there's a lot of scams around forex.

Urain писал(а) >>

You are mistaken, it's not forex but the forum allows, forex will expose such philosophies in 5 seconds.

Forex is a business game in its purest form, you have the brains to make a profit, you just sit back and save your money.

There are a lot of phony deals around forex.

Well Forex is at the level of forum or bazaar, if you want. Of course - there are plenty of scams. To confuse, to flip, to write that "investors are not interested in profit, but stability", "and a stable drain is better than a non-stable profit" and to beat the hell out of it - this is pure showbiz.....)))))

LeoV >> :

Well Forex is at a forum or bazaar level, if you like. Of course - there are plenty of scams. To confuse, to twist, to write that "investors are not interested in profit, but stability", "and a stable drain is better than a not stable profit" and to beat the hell out of it - this is pure showbiz.....)))))

And according to the rules of showbiz, the winner is not the one who is right but the one who has more publicity.

Urain писал(а) >> And according to showbiz rules, the winner is not the one who's right but the one who's more publicised.

100% - i.e. more confused than anyone else.....)))

Mathemat >> :

For your information, the first parameter of the system I look at is exactly stability. The notion of profitability without stability is meaningless, because we are not living forever.

But investors, and the rest of us, are not built in such a way that stability alone is not enough. They almost always need profitability as well, at least a small one. The stability of a drain is definitely a negative factor for them.

Your "profit is nothing - stability is everything" argument only makes sense in a certain context, not just by itself. The context here is: "a system making +10% per month but consistently without significant drawdowns is better than a system making +100% per month but extremely irregular and with large drawdowns". Your system, on the other hand, is making negative returns per month. Context is lost.

And how are you looking at it? :)

For example, investors look at it like this:

1. Equity is climbing smoothly.

2. they need to invest urgently.

3. one week later, bang, all of the profit is gone, including the deposit.

Was there a "stability" here or not?

Judging by the equity, it was there, but judging by the result, it evaporated.

If I had decided to disable all adaptive trading robots and quickly make 200% monthly profit, the profit would have remained the same and the stability evaporated as if it had not existed.

As a consequence, potential investors would think: "why do we need such tricks? You never know what they are going to do next time".

This is why the following sequence of actions is much more important for us:

1. we communicate our actions in advance

2. perform the action

3. we obtain the result

4. evaluate it

5. we draw conclusions, make adjustments and plan our next steps

6. next point 1.

The predictability of our behaviour is more important than the profit.

After that comes the small stuff, such as profitability of used systems, because it is very simple - there is profit - there are investors.

And the potential for profit we also have (for example, see adaptive EA with its 200% for a month) - of course, we will use these opportunities.

I am surprised that such simple things have to be explained in such detail :)

What kind of PR is that? It's boring to leak consistently...

Так вот, если бы я принял решение отключить всех адаптивных торговых роботов и быстро сделать 200% за месяц, то прибыль бы была, а стабильность - испарилась, как будто бы её и не было.

Then why are you talking about your "Smart Guy" if he has no stability?

You, TRIZ fan, understand that it is very easy to get a system with a stable drain, like yours. This is not even a result at all, because with a more or less reasonable MM it makes a system with a random entry and immediate exit (the loss - the spread per trade). And making it into a system with stable profits, a trifle according to you, is precisely the hardest part.

It's amazing that such simple things have to be explained in such detail :)

Reason: